controller shinecon-08A6

Diego Roveri

Oct 26, 2017, 10:47:21 AM10/26/17
to Hardcode (VR Game)
Hi, my phone is a Huawei PRA-LX1, and the VR box works fine. I use a shinecon-08A6 bluetooth gamepad.

I can succesfully pass the gamepad calibration, I can jump (button A), but the character does not move. When I press the forward button the character looks like walking but without moving.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks and best regards.

Diego Roveri

Oct 26, 2017, 10:50:14 AM10/26/17
to Hardcode (VR Game)

Mike Farlenkov

Oct 27, 2017, 6:16:59 PM10/27/17
to Hardcode (VR Game)
Hi, I'm sorry that you have this problem.
It's hard to imagine what is "looks like walking but without moving"
Do you sure that you push/pull/press forward hard enough?

Did you check your gamepad in my  Gamepad Test App ?
(https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/hardcode-vr/eFli7GPRIoY)

Diego Roveri

Oct 28, 2017, 8:30:34 AM10/28/17
to Hardcode (VR Game)
Hi Mike, thanks for your answer.

Here there are links to 3 video where I explain the problem.
Probably this controller does not works fine, but my data may help you to improve your work.

Controller Test

Controller calibration

Controller game

Do you have any suggestion about a new controller?

Best regards,
DIEGO

Mike Farlenkov

Oct 28, 2017, 9:37:38 AM10/28/17
to Hardcode (VR Game)
Thank you, Diego!
yes, looks like controllers isn't good

Normally game expects input values from controller in rage -1 (run backward in full speed) and +1 (run forward in full speed). But your controller seem to send very low values (like 0.1) and this values can't be converted into movement correctly.

Maybe someday I'll make new calibration system that can handle this kind of issues. But again: it's just my assumptions and I don't know the real issue in your case.