Suggestions

Marcos

Jan 17, 2017, 6:58:53 PM1/17/17
to Hardcode (VR Game)
Hi there!

I've recently discovered this great, unprecedented VR game, and I would love to see some simple tweaks made to it, in order to enjoy it even more. Here they are:

In Multiplayer mode (capture the flag):
- I want to know how many players are on the game (for both teams) at any given moment.
- I'd like to be told when someone takes our/their flag, and also when someone makes a score for our or their team. A visual notification would be great.
- I can see there are corridors in the upper part of the scene, but I see no way to get to them.

In Survival mode:
- After just 1 or 2 minutes playing, there are too many enemies on the place. There should be a limit (I believe 3 or 4 enemies chasing you at any given time is enough! :)
- I run out of ammo very fast. Having to go and fetch more ammo so often is no fun.

In General:
- Even if the developer says a 1st person view is not good for this game (and I have no reason to doubt he's right), many users would like to be able to see a 1st person view. Why not let them try it out and see for themselves? All it takes is an optional feature in the Settings menu.
- What does it mean when a game appears in the menu as "locked"? Can I unlock it in any way?  Does it just mean it is planned for the future?

That's all for now. Thank you for this cool game and keep up the good work!

Marcos

Rick N

Jan 17, 2017, 7:01:46 PM1/17/17
to Hardcode (VR Game)
I am in agreement with Marcos. Great suggestions

Mike Farlenkov

Jan 18, 2017, 9:00:10 AM1/18/17
to hardc...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Macros!
And thank you very much for your suggestions!

- I want to know how many players are on the game (for both teams) at any given moment.

Yep, I add this to my to-do list

- I'd like to be told when someone takes our/their flag, and also when someone makes a score for our or their team. A visual notification would be great.

Do you mean message popups, like "Enemy flag taken!"  ?

- I can see there are corridors in the upper part of the scene, but I see no way to get to them.

Well... this is a part of a game: you need to uncover the secrets to use them :)

In Survival mode:
- After just 1 or 2 minutes playing, there are too many enemies on the place. There should be a limit (I believe 3 or 4 enemies chasing you at any given time is enough! :)
- I run out of ammo very fast. Having to go and fetch more ammo so often is no fun.

Again - this is a part of this game mode. You need to survive with limited resources against growing army of enemies.

- Even if the developer says a 1st person view is not good for this game (and I have no reason to doubt he's right), many users would like to be able to see a 1st person view. Why not let them try it out and see for themselves? All it takes is an optional feature in the Settings menu.

I don't believe that if I add this option people will agree "OK, you were right - 1st person view is not suitable for this game." It is more likely that they start complaining even more: "Your 1st person view is terrible - improve it NOW!".

So I don't have plans on 1st person view and I actually can't remember any game with both view modes to works very well. I just hope that when I add all game mechanics people will see why I stick with 3rd person view.

- What does it mean when a game appears in the menu as "locked"? Can I unlock it in any way?  Does it just mean it is planned for the future?

It is locked to prevent to spread players between different maps. It will make harder to find someone to play with. Even harder than now. I try to deal with it in new version: every 3 match map will change automaticaly, so you will play on new map every 3 match.

Marcos

Jan 18, 2017, 6:18:18 PM1/18/17
to Hardcode (VR Game)

Hi Mike!

- I'd like to be told when someone takes our/their flag, and also when someone makes a score for our or their team. A visual notification would be great.

Do you mean message popups, like "Enemy flag taken!"  ?

Yes for example, that would be good.

- I can see there are corridors in the upper part of the scene, but I see no way to get to them.

Well... this is a part of a game: you need to uncover the secrets to use them :)

Ok, I see :)

In Survival mode:
- After just 1 or 2 minutes playing, there are too many enemies on the place. There should be a limit (I believe 3 or 4 enemies chasing you at any given time is enough! :)
- I run out of ammo very fast. Having to go and fetch more ammo so often is no fun.

Again - this is a part of this game mode. You need to survive with limited resources against growing army of enemies.

Well my point here is that I find it very difficult for a level 1, I can't even get close to finish it. Perhaps the first levels could be easier and then grow in difficulty...

- Even if the developer says a 1st person view is not good for this game (and I have no reason to doubt he's right), many users would like to be able to see a 1st person view. Why not let them try it out and see for themselves? All it takes is an optional feature in the Settings menu.

I don't believe that if I add this option people will agree "OK, you were right - 1st person view is not suitable for this game." It is more likely that they start complaining even more: "Your 1st person view is terrible - improve it NOW!".

So I don't have plans on 1st person view and I actually can't remember any game with both view modes to works very well. I just hope that when I add all game mechanics people will see why I stick with 3rd person view.

Fair enough. I'm happy with Hardcode's 3rd person view anyway, it's very well made.

Regards,

Marcos