How To Remove Rar Passwords Without Any Software

Joyce Buzard

Jul 3, 2024, 7:09:06 AM (5 days ago) Jul 3
to hardcalwhistrsel

I know the password to the RAR file as I locked it myself. Is there a way to do this in WinRAR or an equivalent program? The only thing I knew to do was to extract it, then create a new RAR without the password.

Out of the box, no, you can not. Version 3 of the RAR file format (implemented first in WinRAR 2.9) encrypts the actual data itself, as well as the file headers (if requested) using AES-128 encryption. With just WinRAR, it is impossible to simply "remove" the password from an archive, since the data itself is encrypted with the password.

Chrome on Ubuntu always asks for password for keyring. There are many posts out there suggesting ways to remove the prompt by setting up a keyring. However, I also found that when I am prompt for a password, I can press cancel and chrome still runs normally. I feel uncomfortable to surrender my password if Chrome actually doesn't need it.

Chrome is asking for the password to the keyring so it can access stored information in the keyring. You can view the keyring on your system by running the command seahorse from a terminal window. You can also just bypass the asking by closing the window and still get to your sites without a problem. Some of the security may not load properly.

VBA Project Passwords on Access, Excel, Powerpoint, or Word documents (2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016 versions with extensions .ACCDB .XLSM .XLTM .DOCM .DOTM .POTM .PPSM) can be easily removed.

Microsoft Office VBA Project passwords are not to be relied upon for security of any sensitive information. If security is important, use third-party encryption software.

I am the sole person using my system with 12.04.
Every time I issue a sudo command; the system asks for the user password (which is good in its own way).
However I was thinking; without activating the root account; how can I execute the sudo commands which will not ask for user password to authenticate.

NOTE: I want to execute sudo command without authenticating via password; only when they are executed via terminal.
I don't want to remove this extra layer of security from other functions such a while using 'Ubuntu software center' or executing a bash script by drag-drop something.sh file to the terminal.

(vi!) hit Escape to return to command mode. Now, if you're happy with your editing, type in :w Enter to write the file and :q Enter to exit vi. If you made a mistake, perhaps the easiest way is to redo from start, to exit without saving (hit Escape to enter the command mode) and then type :q! Enter.

Replace with your username (without the ). This is assuming that Ubuntu has created a group with the same name as your user name, which is typical. You can alternately use the group users or any other such group you are in. Just make sure you are in that group. This can be checked by going to System -> Administration -> Users and Groups.

There appears to be a lack of willingness on the part of Sophos to provide any information on how to remove their Endpoint product. Perhaps I've been talking to the wrong people? Regardless, I've put in as much time as I'm able.

Yes! Using alternative sign-in methods like the Microsoft Authenticator App, physical security keys, and biometrics are more secure than traditional passwords which can be stolen, hacked, or guessed.

Yes. After you enable two-step verification and go passwordless, some apps or older devices (including Outlook 2010, Xbox 360, and mail-sending devices like security cameras) will each need an app password. Learn more about app passwords.

I have a Windows 7 computer which has Symantec Endpoint Encryption - Removable Storage Edition Client version 8.2.0 and Symantec Endpoint Encryption Framework Client version 8.2.0 installed on it. These need to be removed but the password that was used to install them is not know. How can I safely remove these? Thank you for your time.

When I called Symantec they said they could not assist me over the phone because I do not have an account and I could only get assistance through this forum. I do not have a SEE administrator. This software is left from the old IT support company which refuses to assist with the removal. The SEE server is also remotely located at their location. This lack of access, credentials, and cooperation is why I need a way to remove this forcefully.

In general, how can I remove the password requirement for any role? I am not asking how to change the password but rather how to remove the password requirement (null passwd column in table pg_shadow).

Once using psql to connect via unix-socket the first line in pg_hba.conf works and (super-) user postgres may set his password to null or any string and still connect without beeing asked for password.

I do know a password, but I cannot understand how to remove it from the document. I can click File > Enter Password and then Unlock as Owner, but the next time I open the document, it will be required to type the password again. How to do this?

I have an installation with an old version of eset remote administrator and i am trying to unistall it because i will use installation without an esete remote administrator server and i have forget the unistall password. Do you have any idea how i will unistall it without the password?

I need your support. One client wants me to remove the password to a recorded event I managed to facilitate the view. It is possible to allow watching this recorded event witout the password ? Thanks for your help

I recommend that you provide guidance to your client to review each video for pii or sensitive contributions before removing a password. Also consider if the your user community has an expectation that recorded meetings will be available without password protection. Breaking that type of compact can have a chilling effect on meeting participation and even people willing to turn their cameras on if the meeting is recorded.

BIOS passwords cannot be recovered. If you have forgotten one of the passwords that is set in the BIOS, contact Dell Technical Support to obtain a password release code. The password release code is based on the unique password prompt that is generated by your Dell laptop.

BIOS passwords cannot be recovered. If you have forgotten one of the passwords that is set in the BIOS, resetting the CMOS or NVRAM helps reset the BIOS to factory default settings and remove the passwords from the BIOS.

In older versions (below Microsoft Excel 2010), it doesn't even matter how long and complex your password is. Anyone who has at least some basic knowledge of VBA can crack it in minutes (here's an example of the VBA code that easily cracks passwords in Excel 2010 and lower).

The recent versions of Excel use more sophisticated methods of sheet protection, but they are also vulnerable and can be unlocked without knowing a password. In other words, if someone really wants to get access to a protected sheet, they will.

Or, click the Protect Sheet button on the Review tab, in the Changes group.

  • In the Protect Sheet dialog window, do the following:
    • To password protect your Excel sheet, type a password in the corresponding field. Be sure to remember the password or store it in a safe location because you will need it later to unprotect the sheet.
    • If the worksheet protection is nothing more than a precaution against accidental modification of the sheet contents by yourself or by the members of your local team, you may not want to bother about memorizing the password and leave the password field empty. In this case, unprotecting the sheet takes just a single click on the Unprotect Sheet button on the ribbon or in the sheet tab's right-click menu.
    • Select the actions you allow the users to perform.
      • By default, the following 2 options are selected: Select locked cells and Select unlocked cells. If you leave only these two options selected, the users of your sheet, including yourself, will be able only to select cells (both locked and unlocked).
      • To allow some other actions such as sorting, filtering, formatting cells, deleting or inserting rows and columns, check the corresponding boxes.
      • If you don't check any action, users will only be able to view the contents of your Excel sheet.
    • Click the OK button.
  • The Confirm Password dialog box will pop-up prompting you to retype the password so that an accidental misprint won't lock your Excel sheet forever. Retype the password and click OK. Done!
How to unprotect Excel sheetAs you have just seen, it's very easy to password protect a sheet in Excel. Unprotecting a spreadsheet is even easier, provided that you know the password. Though, unlocking an Excel spreadsheet without password is no big deal either :)

If the worksheet was not protected with password, clicking the Unprotect Sheet button is all it takes to unlock the sheet.
How to unprotect Excel sheet without passwordAs mentioned in the beginning of this tutorial, Excel worksheet protection is quite weak even in the recent versions of Excel. If you need to edit a password protected sheet but you cannot remember the password, try to unlock that Excel spreadsheet by using one of the following methods.

By default, Microsoft Excel uses AES 128-bit advanced encryption, and you can supply a password up to 255 characters.

  • Retype the password in the Reenter password box, and click OK.
  • Save your workbook.
To remove the workbook encryption, repeat the above steps, delete the password from the Password box, click OK, and then save your workbook.

aa06259810