harbour DLL for Xbase++ ?

Auge & Ohr

May 30, 2022, 8:04:03 PM5/30/22
to Harbour Users
hi,

i have learn to use pCode DLL for harbour.
https://harbour.wiki/index.asp?page=PublicArticles&mode=show&id=220528185155&sig=8267913849

now i like to ask if it is possible to build harbour DLL for "other" Apps like Xbase++ ?

Jimmy

Antonio Linares

May 31, 2022, 2:10:08 AM5/31/22
to Harbour Users
Dear Jimmy,

Yes, you can build a self contained Harbour DLL to be used from any app.

In example, mod_harbour is a self contained DLL used from Apache as a mod.

best regards,

Auge & Ohr

May 31, 2022, 2:40:56 AM5/31/22
to Harbour Users
Hi Antonio,

i understand that mod_harbour "is" what i´m looking for ... but it is so "big" to understand
searching for Newbie Sample to learn more about "self contained" Harbour DLL and hbmk2 Syntax.

Thx for Help.
Jimmy

Eric Lendvai

May 31, 2022, 3:05:47 AM5/31/22
to Harbour Users

Auge & Ohr

May 31, 2022, 3:27:43 AM5/31/22
to Harbour Users
hi Eric,

ah, using a COM Interface.
i will try that Way, Thx

Jimmy

Antonio Linares

May 31, 2022, 5:30:10 AM5/31/22
to Harbour Users
Dear Jimmy,

Have a look at mod_harbour hbp as a template to build a self contained Harbour DLL:

best regards,

Auge & Ohr

Jun 1, 2022, 5:35:05 AM6/1/22
to Harbour Users
hi Eric,

COM Sample work wonderfull with Xbase++ :)

Jimmy

Eric Lendvai

Jun 3, 2022, 10:17:27 PM6/3/22
to Harbour Users
Hello Jimmy,
Glad it worked out.
Does Xbase++ allows you to create COM (dll) objects?
Are they still limited to 32-bit Windows?
Eric

Auge & Ohr

Jun 4, 2022, 4:14:14 AM6/4/22
to Harbour Users
hi Eric,

>Does Xbase++ allows you to create COM (dll) objects?

you can create a DLL but Xbase++ DLL are not compatible

>Are they still limited to 32-bit Windows?
Yes ... and no UNICODE

---

wonder what i can do with COM DLL ...
it does use

${HB_PATH}\contrib\hbwin\hbolesrv.hbc
${HB_PATH}\contrib\xhb\xhb.hbc

Question : can i load "more" \contrib ? GUI ?

in pCode Sampe i got
harbour-32.dll
libharbour-32.a
what does it include those Files ? ( how to make *.HBX ? )

Jimmy

Antonio Linares

Jun 5, 2022, 2:49:40 AM6/5/22
to Harbour Users
Dear Jimmy,

>  how to make *.HBX ?

hbmk2.exe myapp.hbp -hbx=myapp.hbx

This will create the HBX file for you.

Basically HBX ascii files contents are quite similar to a DEF file (not the same), so depending on the C compiler you use, just create a DEF file from the DLL to see the exported symbols. For easy of use I recommend this freeware peinfo.exe tool that allows you to inspect the DLLs easily:

best regards,

Auge & Ohr

Jun 5, 2022, 11:52:15 PM6/5/22
to Harbour Users
hi Antonio,

Thx for Answer.

i have download PeInfo.EXE and now i can "see" what is in harbour-32.dll

Jimmy