DBFCDX error 1010

Antonio Cardinaux

Jun 18, 2022, 3:33:14 PM6/18/22
to Harbour Users
Wanting to create a temporary index file like this:

 cTempIndex:= getenv('TEMP') + "\mytemp.cdx"

 index on Dtos( date ) TAG TEMP TO (cTempIndex) for date >= ctod( "01/01/1990") .and. date <= date1-1 TEMPORARY EXCLUSIVE

 the following error appears:

Subsystem name : DBFCDX
Subsystem specific error code: 1010
Description : Read error
DOS Error : 59 (Unknown error.)

The application is in a local network (Windows 2008 Server), but the executable is in a folder on the local disk of each user (Windows 10), this does not happen on a single computer at the moment. Why can this error occur?

Antonio
Sistemas
Resipol
Message has been deleted

Rafa Pabd

Jun 20, 2022, 3:20:42 AM6/20/22
to Harbour Users
Antivirus. Disable AV in program folder

José M. C. Quintas

Jun 20, 2022, 9:10:58 AM6/20/22
to harbou...@googlegroups.com

I do not remember to have this error on Harbour, but on Clipper.

On Clipper, I receive this error when DBF have memo field. Clipper 5.2 + SIXCDX + Windows 98

I never more use memo field.

Do you check variable TEMP? May be you like to use Harbour function for temp path and temp filename.

José M. C. Quintas

Auge & Ohr

Jun 20, 2022, 11:04:04 AM6/20/22
to Harbour Users
hi,

>The application is in a local network (Windows 2008 Server), but the executable is in a folder on the local disk of each user (Windows 10), this does not happen on a single computer at the moment.

so  it have nothing to do with Antivirus when it work "Local" but not in Network.

how are your SMB2 Settings ?
SMB2 have a "Local Cache" which can make Problem when not "share".

Jimmy