Hash function to encrypt a key

juanpere...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2024, 8:56:11 AMJun 7
to Harbour Users
Is there a function in Harbour to create a hash of a key, it would be more secure than the crypt function. Something like password_hash that exists in PHP.

Cotswold GB

Jun 7, 2024, 12:43:00 PMJun 7
to Harbour Users
Hi Juanpere, If you type the heading into the website :   access-programmers.co.uk you will see a stack
of similar requests  and solutions. Access as you probably know uses VBA and it quite easily converts
to Harbour. It's a bit more particular about declaring variables and the If/Endif has If <Code> then and
the Rems are only '  and not // && or * But as I say easy to convert.  I've worked for years in Access after
I had to abandon Clipper in the 1990s for Windows applications. I'm now slowly converting my Access stuff
into Harbour and forks.
Take a look it may be helpful.
Vincent

cod...@outlook.com