Snake Game in Clipper Refactored to Harbour with Object-Oriented Programming

138 views
Skip to first unread message

marcos...@gmail.com

unread,
Sep 27, 2026, 7:59:34 PM (8 days ago) Sep 27
to Harbour Users
Hello,

I found a game in Clipper called Snake, and I just refactored it to Harbour for terminal using object-oriented programming (OOP). The source code is available at the following link:

https://github.com/marcosjarrin/Harbour_oop_manual/tree/main/example/terminal/games/snake

Best regards,

Marcos Jarrin
Note: I have attached the Clipper source code for comparison.
snake-clipper-master.zip

Juan Carlos Ocampo de la Cruz

unread,
Sep 28, 2026, 12:05:56 PM (7 days ago) Sep 28
to harbou...@googlegroups.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Harbour Users" group.
Unsubscribe: harbour-user...@googlegroups.com
Web: https://groups.google.com/group/harbour-users
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Harbour Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to harbour-user...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/harbour-users/b8b05259-5c5e-4263-a745-6bcdebf3edfdn%40googlegroups.com.

marcos...@gmail.com

unread,
Sep 28, 2026, 3:10:56 PM (7 days ago) Sep 28
to Harbour Users
Hi Juan Carlos,

I already have a version of Tetris in Harbour MiniGui Extended. Here's the link to the source code:

https://github.com/marcosjarrin/harbour-tech-manual-and-examples/tree/main/examples/games/tetris

The terminal-mode version:
https://github.com/marcosjarrin/harbour-tech-manual-and-examples/tree/main/examples/games/tetris-cli

The TicToc version:
https://github.com/marcosjarrin/harbour-tech-manual-and-examples/tree/main/examples/games/tictoc

Best regards,

Marcos Jarrín
Note: original Clipper code attached.
MYTETRIS.rar

Juan Carlos Ocampo de la Cruz

unread,
Sep 28, 2026, 4:25:20 PM (7 days ago) Sep 28
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks, Marcos. I’ve attached other card games written in Clipper, such as Blackjack, FreeCell, etc. Best regards.


Francesco Perillo

unread,
Sep 28, 2026, 4:40:20 PM (7 days ago) Sep 28
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Are they open source ? Why don't upload them on GitHub ?

Juan Carlos Ocampo de la Cruz

unread,
Sep 28, 2026, 4:47:37 PM (7 days ago) Sep 28
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Some are public domain or shareware (abandonware) originally published on Oasis.

marcos...@gmail.com

unread,
Sep 28, 2026, 4:55:22 PM (7 days ago) Sep 28
to Harbour Users
Hello
Francesco Perillo

All the code is under the MIT License and is on GitHub, in these two repositories depending on whether it is OOP or functional programming.

https://github.com/marcosjarrin/harbour-tech-manual-and-examples
https://github.com/marcosjarrin/Harbour_oop_manual

Regards

Marcos Jarrin

Francesco Perillo

unread,
Sep 28, 2026, 5:01:08 PM (7 days ago) Sep 28
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marcos 
I saw your is on github.
I was talking about the other programs sent as attachment.


Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages