New Tool

Angel Pais

Jul 14, 2021, 10:01:23 PM7/14/21
to Harbour Users
From the creators of hbtron, hw_apache and hw_apachews:

Another way of mixing harbour and html code !

HBWUI ( Harbour Web User Interfases ).
A WebView2/Cocoa/GTK Harbour Web UI implementation.

Multiplatform Harbour GUI programs made in html/ccs and just a bit of js

With this you can build Html interfaces for your programs and from them interact with your .exe

Just 2 functions that will turn your world upside down.

In a harbour .exe:
hbwui_Init( cUrl, cTitle, nWidth, nHeight, lFullscreen, lResizable, lMaximized, lDebug )

In a UI html module:
windows.external.invoke( cStr )

Make your WIN/LIN/MAC apps run the most universal UI: html/css/js.
No more wrappers, no more intricate class hierarchies, no more vendor dependency.
Only your imagination is the limit !

Download and test it from:
https://github.com/diegofazio/hbwui

It's free!

Regards
Angel Pais

ramirez...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2021, 2:13:17 PM7/16/21
to Harbour Users
Hahaha, Me gusto, podemos ir migrando los GUI a interfaces WEB sin perder el codigo que hemos creado, aparte de que el EXE ya esta listo para linux/mac y windows.
Me gusto.
Saludos

Eric Lendvai

Jul 17, 2021, 4:20:17 AM7/17/21
to Harbour Users
Hello Angel and Diego.

Great Job! And thank you for showing it to me earlier today.

If you based it on https://github.com/webview/webview, please make your binding open source, so we can help you, and be truly vendor independent. I will help you to document it, or whatever help you need.
Also you could request to add a link to your Harbour binding on that repo. This would make Harbour more visible.
https://github.com/webview/webview  has 8.6k stars and 656 forks, a lot more than Harbour, and has bindings to C/C++, Go, Rust, Python, Java, C#. It would be so nice to add Harbour near those languages.
By the way the Go binding also shows a "bind()" function that can add a native JavaScript function name to call a Go routine. Maybe something like that could be pointing to a Harbour codeblock? Then the JavaScript window.external.invoke  call can be avoided, making the JS code even cleaner ?

Thanks!!!

Angel Pais

Jul 21, 2021, 10:15:13 PM7/21/21
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Eric, we haven't based our work on Serge's one but we are considering adding direct binding among JS and Harbour.
In a couple weeks we'll see something about it.

Angel Pais

Jul 28, 2021, 9:09:17 AM7/28/21
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric again!
We've finished JS/Harbour tunneling now.
As easy as adding this to your html:  <button id="btn1" onclick="add(5,2);">Run Task1</button>
Being ADD a harbour function or UDF.
This is getting better and better !!!
Bye bye obsolete and limited WIN32 GUIs, hello multiplattform hbWUI  !

Best Regards
Angel

Bruno Luciani

Jul 28, 2021, 9:23:27 AM7/28/21
to harbour-users
Angel , where are instructions about how install this add
on linux machine ?

Bruno

--
Bruno Luciani
Area Ingenieria

Angel Pais

Jul 28, 2021, 9:41:15 AM7/28/21
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bruno how are you!
We're releasing Linux and Mac libs soon.

Abrazo!

Bruno Luciani

Jul 28, 2021, 12:35:48 PM7/28/21
to harbour-users
OK  thanks !!!
Very well here

Regards !!

Angel Pais

Jul 28, 2021, 8:25:42 PM7/28/21
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Bruno:
Linux lib for gcc is up.

Enjoy!

Bruno Luciani

Jul 28, 2021, 9:59:17 PM7/28/21
to harbour-users

Angel Pais

Jul 29, 2021, 9:04:48 AM7/29/21
to harbou...@googlegroups.com

Angel Pais

Aug 20, 2021, 8:59:57 PM8/20/21
to Harbour Users
Bye Bye Javascript. ( we almost don't need you anymore ).

Ok. I know it has a bold statement, but today a key milestone in hbWUI was achieved.

We added these 2 simple but powerful functions to the tool:

hbWUI_GetElementById( cId, cKey ) // Get attributes from DOM Element specify by Id. NOTE: Only attributes
hbWUI_SetElementById( cId, cKey, xValue ) // Set attribute from DOM Element specify by Id. Ex: value, class, style...etc

Now we can query and assign DOM element attributes from Harbour in real-time!
No need to create event managers and translators in JS for your Harbour HTML UI.

See login2 example here!

Harbour hbWUI is getting powerful and better!

Make beautiful and fast cross-platform native apps for WIN/LIN/MAC, while keeping years of data managing experience in harbour intact!

Comments, on our Slack.

Regards!
The hw_tools team.