Windows 11

kamlesh patel

May 31, 2024, 10:30:50 AMMay 31
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I make exe  in  Windows 10 64 bit successfully compile and run (No Error in EXE)

I make exe in Windows 11 64 bit successfully compile but error in exe.
variable does not exist. (only problem in Windows 11 64 bit compile exe)

how to solve this problem.

Please guide me.

attached the screenshot file .

Regards
Kamlesh
Windows 11 64 bit complie.png

cod...@outlook.com

May 31, 2024, 11:55:06 AMMay 31
to Harbour Users
Hi
Can we see SPT function ?
Regards,
Simo.

kamlesh patel

May 31, 2024, 12:45:49 PMMay 31
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for reply

I don't know Spt function .

Regards
Kamlesh

cod...@outlook.com

May 31, 2024, 1:07:39 PMMay 31
to Harbour Users
Hi
Sorry, I thought you wrote that function.
Can you describe us what are DT, DT1 and SPT functions. Are they from some libraries.

Regards,
Simo.

Sandip Bhatt

May 31, 2024, 3:12:43 PMMay 31
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
dear members,

I think dt & dt1 are data entry menus function and SPT means sale/purchase transaction function prgs.

sandip bhatt

KennyOoi

Jun 1, 2024, 7:16:20 AMJun 1
to Harbour Users
hi ,
ESET is field name or memory variable name ?

kenny.

cod...@outlook.com

Jun 1, 2024, 7:42:02 AMJun 1
to Harbour Users
Hi

You must ensure that on Windows 11 you have same harbour version and same libraries, as in Windows 10. Also must have same environment variables that are important for Harbour, as in Windows 10. You can copy c:\harbour folder from Windows 10 to C drive on Windows 11 (if you installed it in c:\harbout folder on Windows 10).

Then in folder where your application EXE resides, you must have all needed DLL files, if you have any on Windows 10.

It appears that SPT function uses variable eset that is declared and initialized outside of SPT function, but somehow that outside function is not visible when you start your app EXE.

Regards,
Simo.

kamlesh patel

Jun 1, 2024, 7:49:24 AMJun 1
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Eset field name .

Regards
Kamlesh

cod...@outlook.com

Jun 1, 2024, 10:00:04 AMJun 1
to Harbour Users
Hi
If variable eset is field name then you have problem with opening DBF and/or referencing to eset field in SPT function.
It is very important to know how SPT function referes to eset variable. Is it prefaced wit alias name or not, is it used FIELD declaration statement, etc.
If you can not see SPT code, then you must find in your code where you open DBF which contains field variable eset, and then analyze execution flow of your app.

Also I found this explanation on internet for error BASE/1003:
The specified variable was not found. If it is a database field ensure that the required database is open. If it is a private or public variable then it must be first created using PRIVATE or PUBLIC statement.

Anyhow if app works on Windows 10, then in Windows 11 you do not have same conditions in Windows 11 as in Windows 10,  Up to now I did not have any problems nor differences when app works on Windows 10 and on Windows 11, 64 bit.

Regards,
Simo.

Hurricane

Jun 1, 2024, 2:31:40 PMJun 1