Build Harbour on Android using Termux the easy way !!!

Antonio Linares

Mar 22, 2019, 4:48:29 PM3/22/19
to Harbour Users
Install Termux on your Android device from the Play Store

pkg install git
pkg install gcc
pkg install make
pkg install mc
cd harbour
make

a minor fix and you have Harbour on Android ready to be used

Termux rules! ;-)
ssh support and also X11 with Harbour!

best regards

Antonio Linares

Massimo Belgrano

Mar 25, 2019, 5:02:19 AM3/25/19
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for notice

Massimo Belgrano
Delta Informatica S.r.l. (Cliccami per scoprire

Dušan D. Majkić

Mar 25, 2019, 6:55:01 AM3/25/19
to Harbour Users
If gcc is not available:

pkg install clang

Antonio Linares

Mar 25, 2019, 10:52:53 AM3/25/19
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Install Nox emulator on your PC and get used to Android coding using Harbour

You can SSH to Termux from your PC
Too!

Then use your Created Harbour on Android libs from QT Creator and Android Studio

Best regards

Antonio Linares

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Harbour Users" group.

Antonio Linares
www.fivetechsoft.com

Mario H. Sabado

Mar 30, 2019, 7:58:19 PM3/30/19
to 'elch' via Harbour Users
Hi,

I'm trying to build harbour under android using bluestack emulator and got the following error.  Did I missed any setting?

image.png

Thanks,
Mario

Antonio Linares

Mar 31, 2019, 4:19:40 AM3/31/19
to Harbour Users
Mario,

This Harbour commit should have fixed it:

Anyhow yesterday I also tried it and got the same errors like you. Please apply the commit changes by hand in the commit changed files.

regards

Antonio Linares

Maurizio la Cecilia

Mar 31, 2019, 5:07:09 AM3/31/19
to Harbour User Group
I wonder when someone says that an issue is fixed without giving all the needed informations to succeed on building.
The Viktor suggestion is right, the fix works.
As you see, the build proceed in Linux flavour and not in Android one, and the log library is linked by gcc, not by clang.
So, what is missing in changelog and in readme.md is the need to set two environmental variables:
HB_COMPILER="gcc"
HB_PLATFORM="android"
After exporting this variables all works flawlessy.
Thanks to Antonio and Viktor, whose suggestions have opened up a new opportunity for development in Harbor.
Have a nice Sunday.
Best regards.
--
Maurizio

Mario H. Sabado

Mar 31, 2019, 6:59:58 AM3/31/19
to 'elch' via Harbour Users
Thanks Antonio! Will try your suggestion then revert o  the status.

Best regards,
Mario

Mario H. Sabado

Mar 31, 2019, 7:01:42 AM3/31/19
to 'elch' via Harbour Users
Thanks Maurizio for the pointers. This is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Mario

lailto...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2019, 7:56:36 AM4/1/19
to Harbour Users
Hello everyone,

Just to inform:

If you want to compile for Android you should use:

export HB_COMPILER="gcc"
export HB_PLATFORM="android"
make

NOTE:
If you have tried to compile before the fix you should manually delete the harbour and hbmk2 from TERMUX.
for some reason when We call make clean it is not removing theses files from installed folder.
( So, It can be the reason that if you apply new source the result will be the same )

Have a nice week for all of you.

Mario H. Sabado

Apr 1, 2019, 4:33:24 PM4/1/19
to 'elch' via Harbour Users
HI Lailton,

Thanks for this info.

BTW, how can I build openssl with harbour?  The openssl-dev was installed successfully just like the curl-dev but openssl lib was not generated when building harbour.  The curl lib was built though.

Best regards,
Mario