PRG start very slow

Franz

Dec 1, 2022, 2:52:51 AM12/1/22
to Harbour Users
I have two customers with the same (I think) problem.

Customer A, single PC,  PRG in Text-Mode : First start of the program: 20 seconds and more, before displaying the menu, the following starts 5 or 6 seconds.

Customer B, simple 2 CPU NET, PRG with Minigui-Ex GUI, Server NETIO : CPU 1 (Server) start of program after 2 seconds, CPU 2 (Slave with PRG onboard and database on CPU 1) 20 o 30 sec to start program, then program work well and speedy.

Why ?

Franz

Francesco Perillo

Dec 1, 2022, 2:56:38 AM12/1/22
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Try to create a simple program, 1 line:
? "Here..."
Is it slow to run?

Sometimes it can be a Anti-Malware program that is scanning your exe, asking info on the cloud, sandboxing it, etc etc

Franz

Dec 1, 2022, 2:57:59 AM12/1/22
to Harbour Users
I use NETIO in NETs of 10 CPU with no problems at all. ......

????

kamleh patel

Dec 1, 2022, 5:30:35 AM12/1/22
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Franz,

Disable Antivirus after checking your program or check task manager in cpu which application uses memory.

Regards
Kamlesh

Ash

Dec 1, 2022, 5:31:36 AM12/1/22
to Harbour Users
Hello Franz,

It could be due to your antivirus software.

Regards,
Ash

poopall

Dec 2, 2022, 12:05:59 AM12/2/22
to Harbour Users
Where are the DBF's stored for these programs, are they on a network and how do the workstations connect to those file

José M. C. Quintas

Dec 2, 2022, 8:34:44 AM12/2/22
to harbou...@googlegroups.com

On my machine Windows 10, when I compile the program it is blocked.

I need sign the EXE before any other operation with the file.

This was not the same on previous versions.

Once on customers there are different Windows versions, and antivirus versions, it will not be the same on each customer.

José M. C. Quintas