Updated Harbour Samples Repo

Eric Lendvai

Jun 3, 2022, 10:21:30 PM6/3/22
to Harbour Users
I finally updated the repo https://github.com/EricLendvai/Harbour_Samples
to be compatible with Linux as well.
This repo can be used as a starting point for console apps.

If anyone is open to updating the samples build process to also work under mac OS I would appreciate a pull request.

Thanks, Eric

Alain Aupeix

Jun 4, 2022, 2:30:34 AM6/4/22
to harbou...@googlegroups.com, Eric Lendvai
Le 04/06/2022 à 04:21, Eric Lendvai a écrit :
I finally updated the repo https://github.com/EricLendvai/Harbour_Samples
to be compatible with Linux as well.

Hi,

I had a look, but I can't tried it, as I haven't installed VSCODE, but I'm supprimed that under Linux, the build samples have .exe extension, it's not an usual thing ...

A+

--

Alain Aupeix
Sites web : JujuLand | Pissobi-Lacassagne | Gadel

Eric Lendvai

Jun 6, 2022, 1:35:48 AM6/6/22
to Harbour Users
Hello Alain,
You are correct under Linux we don't need the extension. I just decided to keep it to make it easier to remind me it is an executable I created in Harbour.
In regards to VSCode, let me know if you would like to meet (zoom or Skype) and I can show it to you.

Some of my favority VSCode extensions:
    - Harbour and xHarbour by "Antonino Perricone"
    - "Bookmarks" by "Alessandro Fragnani"
    - "Code Spell Checker" by "Street Side Software"
    - "Cursor Align" by "Mike Moore"
    - "Local History" by "xyz"
    - "Tasks" by "actboy 168"
    - "Kai Light" by "Alek Angelov"
    - "vscode-icons" by "VSCode Icons Team"
    - "filesize" by "Matheus Kautzmann"
    - "UUID Generator" by "netcorext"

Eric Lendvai

Jun 6, 2022, 1:36:48 AM6/6/22
to Harbour Users
And some VSCode settings:

In settings.json I set the following:

    "editor.bracketPairColorization.enabled": true,
    "editor.guides.bracketPairs":true,

Since I use the "Local History" by "xyz" extension I also set:
    "files.autoSave": "onFocusChange"

Eric Lendvai

Jun 6, 2022, 2:21:23 AM6/6/22
to Harbour Users
Added new Sample "LocalTables" to show how to create dbf tables with indexes.

If you like these samples, please star the repo  https://github.com/EricLendvai/Harbour_Samples

Thanks, Eric

Alain Aupeix

Jun 6, 2022, 3:12:01 AM6/6/22
Le 06/06/2022 à 07:35, Eric Lendvai a écrit :
Hello Alain,
You are correct under Linux we don't need the extension. I just decided to keep it to make it easier to remind me it is an executable I created in Harbour.
Hum ...

In regards to VSCode, let me know if you would like to meet (zoom or Skype) and I can show it to you.

I have tried VSCODE there is a long time, and I don't really like it.

I have made a linux toolkit for Harbour and hwgui applications, and for me, it suits my needs.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/hwmake/

Thanks