VSCode Harbour Extension debugger failing to pause

Eric Lendvai

Aug 7, 2022, 5:01:23 AM8/7/22
to Harbour Users
On latest Windows 10 and Windows 11, it seems the Harbour extension in VSCode  does not suspend the app during debugging.

Anyone else having debugger issues?
Thanks, Eric

Alex Strickland

Aug 8, 2022, 4:07:30 AM8/8/22
to harbou...@googlegroups.com

Hi Eric

Yes, I am having the same problem. Perhaps the new version of VS Code (1.70.0) is responsible?

--

Regards

Alex

Eric Lendvai

Aug 12, 2022, 7:38:59 AM8/12/22
to Harbour Users
Hello Alex,

Sadly the version of VSCode does not seem to be the problem. I have 2 machines, both have 1.70.1, one works fine, the other one fails to suspend execution.

I also did turn off the antivirus and firewall temporarily, but still no luck.

If anyone else also has the same problem, please post a message here.

Thanks, Eric

Eric Lendvai

Sep 20, 2022, 6:40:37 PM9/20/22
to Harbour Users
After a month + of having this issue, I finally found the problem.

I am using the Acronis backup system which now has new security system.
All you need to do is to set the Windows service "Acronis Cyber Protection Service" to start "Manual", reboot, and now you can finally debug in Harbour.

Hope this will help others, Eric