Can an xHarbour app be touch screen capable?

Scott Coffey

Jun 4, 2024, 12:25:47 PMJun 4
to Harbour Users
I have a warehouse app written in xHarbour.  We are in the process of migrating this app from a dedicated hand-scanner to a Windows 10 tablet device that is touch screen.  Can an xHarbour app utilize touch screen?

The application is menu driven.  The normal way to select a menu option is either by using an arrow key to highlight the menu option and press enter, or key in the menu option number.  It would be nice to just touch the menu option instead. Can this be done?

---

Scott at Scott dash(-) Coffey dot net

Darko Menart

Jun 4, 2024, 2:58:45 PMJun 4
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Using the touch screen is easy. Pressing is the same as clicking with the mouse.

Darko

V V tor., 4. jun. 2024 ob 18:25 je oseba Scott Coffey <scot...@hotmail.com> napisala:

Darko Menart
Rusjanov trg 1

Auge & Ohr

Jun 5, 2024, 1:23:57 PMJun 5
to Harbour Users

harbour can general use with Touch Screen, but for some Action you need to Handle Gesture
Fivewin does include METHOD HandleGesture() e.g. GID_ROTATE when want to ROTATE a Image.

Scott Coffey

Jun 6, 2024, 1:35:30 AMJun 6
to Harbour Users
The application is also not mouse capable.  How do I enable that?

Auge & Ohr

Jun 6, 2024, 4:31:44 AMJun 6
to Harbour Users
>The normal way to select a menu option
it is not necessary for Navigation to use a Mouse, Cursor Navigation are doing the same

>from a dedicated hand-scanner
you will get it for 1 piece
how will you Input Value when have more then 1 piece ?

>The application is also not mouse capable.
Windows Application must react on Mouse Events e.g. when click a BUTTON

---

you must add some CODE to confirm a ACTION like a YESno() Function
DOS :
IF YESno("do Action now ?")
   DOAction()
ENDIF

WINDOWS :
  @ x,y BUTTON mybutton PROMPT "do Action now ?" ACTION DOAction()

greetings
Jimmy

Daniele Campagna

Jun 6, 2024, 8:50:50 AMJun 6
to harbou...@googlegroups.com

You first must enable the mouse detection:

SET(_SET_EVENTMASK, INKEY_ALL)

Mouse events are like keyboard events, they have a code (e.g. left click).

Try a simple achoice(), and it should work as-is. Click selects an item, double-click activates it.

This is just a starting point, however.

Dan