Is it possible in indexes key data higher than 240 characteres ?

Rafa Pabd

Dec 2, 2021, 4:37:14 PM12/2/21
to Harbour Users
As subject

Yakano

Dec 3, 2021, 3:47:13 AM12/3/21
to Harbour Users
You should indicate the type of index. My experience with DBF / CDX:
It seems not, but instead you can use a function that returns a longer string, since only the function call is stored in the bag, not the value it returns. For more details you can check this post ...

El jueves, 2 de diciembre de 2021 a las 22:37:14 UTC+1, trepao2...@gmail.com escribió:
As subject

Rafa Pabd

Dec 3, 2021, 5:03:54 AM12/3/21
to Harbour Users

Thanks for answering. I need the value (ordkeyval) that the index (tag) stores to be greater than 240 because I use OrdWildSeek () to search. I use dbfcdx but could change to another rdd if necessary

jgt

Dec 3, 2021, 1:01:12 PM12/3/21
to Harbour Users
I read this and the other thread, and have a suggestion if you do not want to use sql.
Create a new dbf with two fields, the first is your 240 character key, the second is an 8 digit number permanently assigned to that key.  Index this dbf on the 240 character field.  In your actual dbf, add the 8 digit number to the dbf and substitute it for the first 240 characters of you original key.
To use:  seek the first 240 characters in the "index" dbf, and then seek the combined key in the second dbf.

Rafa Pabd

Dec 3, 2021, 1:42:11 PM12/3/21
to Harbour Users
thanks... but I need to search using ordwildseek with wildcards: * and ?
I think only possible with the complete index key

Auge & Ohr

Dec 3, 2021, 7:41:11 PM12/3/21
to Harbour Users
hi,

if you want a "full Text Search" have a look at hiper-six functions, see folder \Harbour_core\src\rdd\hsx

Jimmy