OpenSSL Win64 applink.c file not exist into repositore

Itamar Lins

Jun 1, 2024, 1:40:44 PMJun 1
to Harbour Developers
Hi!
My knowledge of C language is practically zero.
However I encountered a problem when compiling the contrib\hbssl folder using GCC 14 UCRT 64Bit.

hbmk2: Created import library: ..\lib\win\mingw64\liblibssl-3-x64.a <= c:\msys64\ucrt64\bin\libssl-3-x64.dll
../../../../../contrib/hbssl/ssl.c:105:13: fatal error: openssl/applink.c: No such file or directory
105 | #include "openssl/applink.c"
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
hbmk2[hbssl]: Error: Running C/C++ compiler. 1
Looking at the ssl.c file on line 93:
#if defined( HB_OS_WIN ) && ! defined( HB_OPENSSL_STATIC ) && OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER >= 0x00908000L
..
I changed it to -> defined( HB_STATIC_OPENSSL )
No EFFECT, the problem persisted. I don't know why, since I set:
C:\dev\harbour-code\contrib\hbssl>set hb
HB_INSTALL_PREFIX=c:\hb32
HB_STATIC_CURL=yes
HB_STATIC_OPENSSL=yes
HB_WITH_CURL=c:\msys64\ucrt64\include
HB_WITH_OPENSSL=c:\msys64\ucrt64\include
And here I changed:
OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER <= 0x00908000L
I was able to compile HBSSL without errors.

Best regards,
Itamar M. LIns Jr.

Felix Pablo Grande

Jun 1, 2024, 3:23:41 PMJun 1
to Harbour Developers
Hi Itamar!!

applink.c should be on your openssl directory.

Good luck !!!

Best regards,

Felix Pablo Grande Ramos

Jun 1, 2024, 3:34:24 PMJun 1
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Hola Itamar !!!

El fichero applink.c tiene que estar en tu instalación de OpenSSL

Yo lo compilo sin problemas. Si lo necesitas te paso mi fichero bat de creación o lo que necesites.

Saludos,

Félix Pablo Grande Ramos

“Mi conciencia tiene para mí más peso que la opinión de todo el mundo.”

Marco Tulio Cicerón.

Felix Pablo Grande

Jun 3, 2024, 5:15:59 AMJun 3
to Harbour Developers
Hi again Itamar !

We use Brecht Sanders compilation WinLibs - GCC+MinGW-w64 compiler for Windows

Best regards,

Itamar Lins

Jun 3, 2024, 5:49:10 PMJun 3
to Harbour Developers
Hi!
See this:
https://github.com/msys2/mingw-packages/issues/15142
According to this information, file applink.c is 32bit request MSVC only.
Need to add, make a correction to the file and add a directive, not to use it in 64bit applications.

Best regards,
Itamar M. Lins Jr.