DBSELECTAREA( 0 ) bug

Antonio Linares

Mar 6, 2024, 4:16:19 PMMar 6
to Harbour Developers
Due to recent Harbour changes, this code that used to work this way:

USE CUSTOMER
? SELECT() // --> 1
DBSELECTAREA( 0 )
? SELECT() // --> used to return 2, now it is returning ZERO !!!

Has clearly changed its behavior affecting many Harbour apps.

It seems as DbSelectArea( 0 ) has changed its behavior.

Reported by several Harbour users and confirmed by us.

many thanks
Message has been deleted

Enrico Maria Giordano

Mar 6, 2024, 5:03:26 PMMar 6
to harbou...@googlegroups.com

Il 06/03/2024 22:55, Itamar M. Lins Jr. Lins ha scritto:

> Hi!
> For me it was wrong.
> Now it's right
> DbSelectArea(0) should return zero, and not 2, where did this 2 come from?
> If it's the clipper's behavior, I don't even know if it's worth leaving
> this BUG. If you are being asked to select area zero and it returns two,
> it is a BUG.
> And if it's area 3,4,5...
> Will return 2?
> I've never used this, is it wrong for me, ghost area? News.

Work area 0 has a special meaning: it selects the next unused work area.

--
Enrico Maria Giordano

http://www.emagsoftware.it
http://www.emagsoftware.it/emgmusic
http://www.emagsoftware.it/spectrum
http://www.emagsoftware.it/tbosg

Itamar M. Lins Jr. Lins

Mar 6, 2024, 5:25:47 PMMar 6
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
Yes my fault. This is a old feature of dbSelectArea()

Best regards,
Itamar M. Lins Jr.