Planning for pcre2

Barry Jackson

Apr 19, 2023, 5:28:51 AM4/19/23
to Harbour Developers
Hello,
Is there any plan to move to pcre2 for Harbour?
I package the core Harbour project for Mageia and we build against our
system pcre.
It is planned that we move to pcre2 so I need to know what is planned
for Harbour.
Thanks,
Barry

Bacco

Apr 19, 2023, 12:05:33 PM4/19/23
to harbou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Barry

Just my personal view, not an answer:
It seems Pcre2 is not a direct replacement from Pcre, it
would cause backward compatibility issues as there some
syntax changes in the expression. Probably it should be
created as an isolated contrib.

Also it's important to check if pcre2  iswidely available in
all harbour supported platforms;

Regards
Bacco

Itamar M. Lins Jr. Lins