Travel assistance applications to attend to GNOME.Asia 2010

Pockey

Jun 18, 2010, 11:20:39 AM6/18/10
to pockeylam, Emily Chen, Frederic Muller
Dear Linux and GNOME friends,

As you may know that GNOME.Asia Summit 2010 is going to be hosted in
August in Taipei. If you are interested to join this annual GNOME event
and be one of our speakers, please find below the travel sponsorship
program and feel free to apply! See you there!

The GNOME Foundation provides travel sponsorships to individuals who
want to attend GNOME.Asia 2010 and need financial assistance.

We are happy to announce the Travel Committee is ready to receive
applications for sponsorships to attend to GNOME.Asia 2010. This year,
GNOME.Asia is jointly held with COSCUP (Conference for Open Source
Coders, Users and Promoters) in Taipei, Taiwan on August 14 and 15,
2010.

The instructions are detailed at http://live.gnome.org/Travel. Please
read them carefully.

Deadline: June 25 2010 14:00 UTC. You can start sending your
applications now!

Some additional request for GNOME.Asia:

* --We target to sponsor speakers (Travel to the conference is not
easy, why not give a talk? )
* --Limitation of $400 for people flying inside Asia and $800
people from Euro/US/Other.
* --Only pay for transportation, not lodging cost. However, if you
need help with accommodation, the GNOME.Asia Committee will book
the hotel or hostel for you. Any questions, feel free to drop us
an email to <asia-summit-list AT gnome DOT org>.
* --Asking for sponsorship does not guarantee you will get
sponsored;
* --A good application with good information will be processed
faster;
* --If you are applying to a Google Summer of Code program (as
student or mentor) you should mention it in your application.
Preference will be given to students and mentors participating
in the Google Summer of Code.
* --The Travel committee should reply back about receiving your
application within 2-3 days. After that we would accumulate all
the sponsorship requests and process them together. So please do
not panic (have any butterflies in your stomach) if we take some
time to reply on the status. Affirmative/Negative you would
surely get a response;
* --No personal emails. Please keep travel-committee Cc'ed on all
your replies.

Any questions, feel free to drop us an email to the
travel-committee :<travel-committee AT gnome DOT org>.

GNOME.Asia Committee