8 a day

1 view

Happy Herbivore

May 10, 2010, 11:24:09 AM5/10/10
to HappyHerbivore
As part of HH30 ive been trying to drink 8 glasses a day of water.
Even when i gave up soda, tea, coffee -- I still couldn't get to 8
glasses unless i counted the water i was drinking while exercising
(and it seems "off" to include that considering how much I'm
sweating!) I know i get water in my cooked grains, fruits and veggies;
but I'd still like to drink more water.

I was thinking of trying to do 4 cups per day this week, 6 cups next
week, and 8 cups by the end of the challenge.... anyone interested in
trying this with me?!

Winnie McCarthy

May 10, 2010, 1:21:54 PM5/10/10
to happyhe...@googlegroups.com
How many ounces is it supposed to be per glass? I avg about 50
ounces, but don't know if that's enough.

On May 10, 2010, at 10:24 AM, Happy Herbivore

miss...@gmail.com

May 10, 2010, 1:29:11 PM5/10/10
to 30 day challenge
With as much veggies, fruit, legumes etc as we are eating 8 glasses seems high unless you are working out hard and sweating a bunch.
Water is a good thing but it is possible to get to much of a good thing. If you aren't thirsty and your output is good (and clear) then you are getting enough water!

Natala

May 10, 2010, 1:43:40 PM5/10/10
to happyhe...@googlegroups.com
I was recently at a conference that said half your body weight in
ounces every day. With a diet of all fiber it is a good rule :)

Sent from my iPhone
Message has been deleted

Manda

May 11, 2010, 12:09:17 PM5/11/10
to HappyHerbivore
I started writing a response in here and it ended up being a little
longer than I thought. So I ended up just writing a blog post about
it!
Feel free to read it here: "http://awkwardcupcake.wordpress.com/
2010/05/11/lovely-lovely-water/"

On May 10, 10:43 am, Natala <natala.constant...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was recently at a conference that said half your body weight in
> ounces every day. With a diet of all fiber it is a good rule :)
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On May 10, 2010, at 10:29 AM, missa...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > With as much veggies, fruit, legumes etc as we are eating 8 glasses
> > seems high unless you are working out hard and sweating a bunch.
> > Water is a good thing but it is possible to get to much of a good
> > thing.  If you aren't thirsty and your output is good (and clear)
> > then you are getting enough water!

The Zen of Making

May 11, 2010, 12:50:48 PM5/11/10
to HappyHerbivore
I definitely shoot for 8 glasses a day (8 x 8oz). I rarely drink out
of a glass as small as 1 cup--probably none of us do--so it isn't
really very difficult to fit in 8 servings (I drink water out of a
pint glass, which is 16 ounces). I also have an app on my iPhone
called 8 Glasses a Day. It starts the day with 8 full glasses on a
countertop, and, each time you drink one, you tap a glass and it
empties. This isn't necessary, but it really helps keep me aware of
how much water I should be drinking. I don't know about the rest of
you, but I don't always notice when I'm dehydrated. Sometimes I feel
achy or tired or grouchy, and it isn't until I've had a few glasses of
water and feel better that I realize what the problem was.

Happy Herbivore

May 11, 2010, 2:19:06 PM5/11/10
to happyhe...@googlegroups.com
That's *exactly* what my 'problem' is Zen -- which is why I'm aiming for more water! I'm going to see if they have an app like that for my Droid!

My profiles: FacebookFlickrTwitterBlog RSSDelicious
Signature powered by WiseStamp
--
Visit happyherbivore.com