My first day on the program!

Carol Baylor

Jul 2, 2010, 8:17:31 PM7/2/10
to happyhe...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Today I finally got my stuff together and started the program. Thanks to my going back to my exercise program, I realized I was eating WAY too little (like 1000-1200 calories--usually 1000).

With some wonderful correspondence with our lovely Lindsay, I am happy to say I'm getting on the right track. I haven't quite gotten to the level of calories she said I should be eating but it's getting better!

I don't know if this sounds weird but as I eat more, I find I'm getting hungry more often which helps my general distress about eating when I'm not hungry. I also lost four pounds almost over night since I'm eating more which gives me hope my body will freak out less as I (hopefully) lose weight.

I think getting more of the planning together will help. I never know what I want until the hunger pangs start, so that's a bit of a challenge. I think that I'll keep a few of the undesired easy stuff in case I start getting light headed as that's a feeling I want to go away fast. I think as my body adjusts that'll help too.

I'm so happy that this is helping me keep eating properly. I didn't eat badly, but I'm noticing that I ate a tiny bit too much protein - and too few carbs and fat.

I hope this isn't too scattered!

Carol

"No matter what, I want to continue living with the awareness that I will die.
Without that, I am not alive. That is what makes the life I have now possible."
- Banana Yoshimoto (from Kitchen)