Presence Server working, but no changes topic

Mari DeGrazia

Apr 8, 2018, 9:11:57 PM4/8/18
to Happy Bubbles
Hello,

I got the Presence Server v.1.8 up and running, and working with two iBeacons. I subscribed to all the topics on my RPi/mosquitto instance and I am not seeing a "changes" topic. I see several other topics with lots of information:

happy-bubbles/presence
happy-bubbles/ble/happy-bubbles-ble/raw/
happy-bubbles/presence/ha/happy-bubbles-ble

I was hoping to see the "changes" topic so I could simply track when someone was home/not home as the beacon goes on/offline.

Is there a configuration setting  I am missing somewhere? Or how do I get the changes topic?

Thanks!

Mari

nemik

Apr 10, 2018, 11:30:51 AM4/10/18
to Happy Bubbles
Mari,

The presence server should publish changes to the "happy-bubbles/presence/changes" topic. Can you try that one and see if it works?

Mari DeGrazia

Apr 12, 2018, 1:08:31 AM4/12/18
to Happy Bubbles
Thanks for the response.

I did try the changes topic, and I was only able to get it to "trigger" once during my testing. I have two beacons that I was turning off/on and I only received one post to the to changes topic. However, the happy-bubbles/presence topic was working beautifully so I am using that topic for now to do my automation.