Solid red light after exiting config mode?

Ben Friedland

Apr 26, 2018, 4:42:05 PM4/26/18
to Happy Bubbles
After configuring and exiting config mode I get a solid red light. I can reach it on my local network and the MQTT stuff seems to be configured exactly the same as my desktop client which can connect to MQTT just fine. I don't see any documentation for a red light.

Appreciate any help I could get on this, thanks!

Ben Friedland

Apr 26, 2018, 4:51:20 PM4/26/18
to Happy Bubbles
Hmm, by changing to IP rather than hostname, I'm receiving messages now. The light is still red but it appears to be working so maybe the red light is expected. But, I'm only getting raw messages. Shouldn't I be seeing a few iBeacon messages if I have iPhones in my house?

nemik

Apr 28, 2018, 10:20:36 PM4/28/18
to Happy Bubbles
If you have the LED's enabled, they'll flash for about 200 ms every time it sees an advertisement. Constant red means you probably have a lot of BLE devices around you advertising. If this is annoying, you can disable the LED notifications from the config menu.

iPhone don't automatically send out iBeacon messages, you'd need to install an app to simulate an iBeacon, like: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/beacon-simulator/id1098267039?mt=8