Happy Bubbles firmware to be install in a NodeMCU + BLE HM-10

Nuno Dionísio

Apr 23, 2018, 9:53:33 AM4/23/18
to Happy Bubbles
Hello everyone.

While looking closely at an Happy Bubbles' product picture, I noticed that it is basically a NodeMCU (Lolin, I suppose) with a BT BLE dongle.

Has anyone been able to somehow flash the Happy Bubble's firmware in a NodeMCU, to try to use it with a BLE HM-10 for instance?

Thanks for sharing any insights.

nemik

Apr 25, 2018, 10:07:26 PM4/25/18
to Happy Bubbles
It's actually the NodeMCU V2, the thinner one with the CP2102 USB-serial chip. The BLE chip a Xuntong PTR5518. You can look at the schematics and board layout if you want: https://github.com/happy-bubbles/presence-hardware
I made it with EagleCAD.

If you want to flash the firmware to your own NodeMCU, you can do that too. I haven't tried a BLE HM-10, but it talks over a UART interface with AT commands, right? If you can tell it to scan for beacons, you could probably use it by modifying the NodeMCU firmware a bit to give it the right AT commands.