Presence detector Wifi configuration WPA-EAP support?

Tom Griffin

Jun 20, 2018, 1:58:29 PM6/20/18
to Happy Bubbles
Can the HappyBubbles presence detector be configured to connect to Wifi using a certificate-based authentication like WPA-EAP?   I looked for documentation or screendumps of the the Wifi config, but did not find anything except this: "On the left side with the navigation bar, go to "Wifi Setup". It will populate a bunch of wifi access points it can see. Find yours and type in the password. You should see it get an IP address from it, and now you're connected!"

    I'm looking for support of setup like this /etc/network/interfaces config line for a Raspberry Pi.

iface wlan0 inet manual wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

    And an /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf entry like this:

network={
        ssid="MySSID"
        proto=RSN
        key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
        pairwise=CCMP
        group=CCMP
        eap=TLS
        identity="id_here"
        ca_cert="/etc/cert/ca.pem"
        private_key="/etc/cert/RaspberryPi3_123.p12"
        private_key_passwd="youwish"
        priority=1
}

Thanks for any info.

nemik

Jun 20, 2018, 2:28:40 PM6/20/18
to Happy Bubbles
Tom,

No, sorry. Certificate-based wifi auth is not supported at the moment.