Tile?

ch...@fuzzyblender.com

Mar 4, 2018, 9:31:56 PM3/4/18
to Happy Bubbles
Hi Everything,

I was just wondering, has anyone had any luck with getting Happy Bubbles (or the HB Presence server) to detect the Tile BLE devices?  I came across this post: https://community.home-assistant.io/t/bluetoothle-tile-detect-on-raspberry-pi/10130/6

I did activate the Tile on my phone, but deleted the app; however I am still not seeing it show up.  Anyone have any ideas / thoughts / luck with Tile?

Thanks!

Chris

nemik

Mar 5, 2018, 9:39:22 AM3/5/18
to Happy Bubbles

Chris,

To be honest I don't have any Tiles and haven't used them. They may take a while to switch back to advertising or stop advertising after a while unless a button is pressed? I'm not sure.

Are you checking the 'Latest Beacons Seen' part of the presence server? Try to keep the Tile close (just a few feet) from one of the detectors and see if they show up with a very strong signal.

Is your detector picking up other devices?