Are Chipolos detected by Happy Bubbles

Nuno Dionísio

Mar 29, 2018, 7:37:00 PM3/29/18
to Happy Bubbles
Hello guys.

I'm interested in buying Happy Bubbles in case it is somehow compatible with the BT trackers I own already from Chipolo (https://eu.chipolo.net/products).

Can the BT trackers be paired with a phone and still be detected by Happy Bubbles?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards.

nemik

Mar 30, 2018, 10:24:15 AM3/30/18
to Happy Bubbles
Nuno,

I don't have these but if they work over BLE then it should work. Unfortunately, the Happy Bubbles only see BLE advertisements from beacon devices, but usually when trackers are paired and connected with a phone, they stop advertising so won't be seen.

Nuno Dionísio

Mar 30, 2018, 10:48:26 AM3/30/18
to Happy Bubbles
Hello.

Would you by chance have a compiled list of trackers that work with HappyBubbles (assuming no pairing to any other device)?

Thanks in advance.

nemik

Mar 30, 2018, 10:58:32 AM3/30/18
to Happy Bubbles
No, sorry. I'd bankrupt myself if I tried to buy all them to test, there are so many. But as long as they 'advertise' (in the BLE sense) over Bluetooth Low Energy, they will work. The time they usually stop advertising is when they connect to a device like a phone. But otherwise any BLE tracker/beacon out there should be detected.

Nuno Dionísio

Mar 30, 2018, 12:23:14 PM3/30/18
to nemik, Happy Bubbles
I was not expecting you to have bought them all, but could've set up some kind of community-based list.

Anyway, unfortunately HappyBubbles will not solve my issue, I will always need to have a dedicated tracker to detect presence, which was something I wanted to avoid (as I already have these Chipolos to do that, but these have no way of interfacing to Home Assistant, where I needed that information).

Thanks anyway for your help.