New Twist on Old Technique: Interpretive Juggling

Think_n_See

Mar 28, 2006, 10:24:30 AM3/28/06
to Happiness Group
Sometimes the biggest advances in a field come from someone new to that
field. Check out this fun video of Interpretive Juggling!

(I got this link from da5zeay).

da5zeay

Mar 28, 2006, 10:06:33 PM3/28/06
to Happiness Group
It's pretty amazing! There's another guy who duplicated it with 5 balls
instead of 3, I guess to show that Chris Bliss' performance could be
topped:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6283096511750618839

The interesting thing is that the 5-ball performance doesn't hold my
interest. It's TECHNICALLY impressive, I suppose, but he doesn't really
nail the timing and the joy of it. It reminded me of when I was a kid
watching figure skating, and wondering what the big deal was...it was a
bunch of technically cool things happening sort of around some music.
It wasn't until recently that I saw a figure skater on TV who REALLY
had a routine that was about the music, not about the technique (which
was also really good).

It's interesting to compare the two videos... I guess the moral is that
sometimes you can get by with the balls you have if you have a good
time with them, and having more isn't necessarily more fun :-)