Ubuntu

Think_n_See

Apr 4, 2006, 10:44:44 PM4/4/06
to Happiness Group

Very interesting. The word "ubuntu" as described by South African
Nobel Laureate Archbishop Desmond Tutu:
http://www.yourlifemanual.com/ubuntu.htm

>From this website:
"The foundation of this structure was embodied in the single word:
ubuntu-a word with no English equivalent. One definition is: a person
is a person through other persons."

RevolutionMind

Apr 18, 2006, 12:26:36 AM4/18/06
to Happiness Group
I am new to this group. Happiness is probably the most worthwhile (and
positively transforming) subject on the planet. It interesting that
you picked up on "ubuntu" - because the site you mention is mine! Set
up to support my book on achieving genuine happiness, which you can
read about on that site if you are interested.

What is interesting about "ubuntu" is that I lived most of my life in
South Africa and had heard the term, but never understood it's meaning.
In the meantime, I developed a philosophy based on love, peace,
freedom, harmony and happiness; little realizing that the basis of this
philosophy is encapsulated in this one Xhosa/Zulu word that has been
around for centuries!

Think_n_See

Apr 20, 2006, 3:39:08 PM4/20/06
to Happiness Group
RevolutionMind,
Thank you for finding this group, and posting here! How wonderful that
you uncover the meaning and nuanecs of the word "ubuntu" on your site!
Thank you!
Here, on H-group, please post on any topic that interests you and on
new topics in happiness that you're thinking about recently. It's
great to have you, the website owner, find this link to your own site.
Wonderful. Welcome!
TnS