Re: Phrases to Wish Well By

Think_n_See

May 1, 2006, 3:16:50 PM5/1/06
to Happiness Group
Try a MMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW while stretching arms, legs,
body! Try MEOW in another language, like in French, Mandarin, or
Greek. Finally, try a luxurious MEOW in Brazilian Portuguese. You'll
like it. A lot.

da5zeay

Apr 27, 2006, 6:25:30 AM4/27/06
to Happiness Group
I was eating breakfast and saw the following phrase pop up on the Food
Network:

May your luck spread
Like jelly on bread

I thought this was nice because it was so informal and easy to
visualize. There's something very homey and comforting about it,
tapping into all kinds of hearth and home imagery of Mom making you a
peanut butter and jelly with your favorite jelly.

So I'm passing it along to the group!

da5zeay

May 1, 2006, 12:52:36 PM5/1/06
to Happiness Group
On sort of a related note, I just stretched and made a noise that
sounded like RARRH. And then I was thinking that maybe I should really
GO WITH IT and made it really long and loud. It felt good :-)

da5zeay

May 1, 2006, 10:38:10 PM5/1/06
to Happiness Group
I like to say "MOW" (rhymes with OW, like ouch!), in a mysterious
monotone. My cats pretend they don't know me when I try to speak their
language...it must be very embarassing for them. :-)

I saw a yoga teacher demonstrate POWER STRETCHING using a slide of a
cat! He said that when you're sleepy, try a really luxirous long
butt-wiggling stretch. He demonstrated, and looked kind of funny, but
afterwards he looked very energetic and had US try it. And it really
did work. He said cats were experts in power stretching.

One thing I've noticed that's interesting about stretching is that you
can always stretch juuusst a little bit farther than you thought. I
guess that's the defnition of stretching, now that I think about it