Search parameters: _has, _include and _revinclude

praktyka...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2017, 7:29:07 AM10/17/17
to HAPI FHIR

I'am using hapifhir version 2.5 with implementation server as is described in http://hapifhir.io/doc_rest_server_jaxrs.html

I'd like search Practitioners with specified specialty in PractitionerRole. When I'am using

http://mymedic.com.pl:8082/Practitioner?_revinclude:PractitionerRole:practitioner:specialty=0731

it returns all Practitioners not only these with specialty=0731. It seams that in version 2.5 these parameters are not active ?

My be in hapifhir version 3.0 these parameters: _has, _include and _revinclude was implemented ?

James Agnew

Oct 17, 2017, 7:40:57 AM10/17/17
to praktyka...@gmail.com, HAPI FHIR
Hi Praktyka,

All 3 of these parameters are supported in HAPI FHIR 2.5 and 3.0.0.

I'm not sure I understand your query though. The syntax for revinclude doesn't have multiple :'s in it: http://hl7.org/fhir/search.html#revinclude

If you want a search for Practitioner linked to by a PractitionerRole by specialty code, you want a _has query, e.g.:

http://fhirtest.uhn.ca/baseDstu3/Practitioner?_has:PractitionerRole:practitioner:specialty=394576009

Cheers,
James

piotr.m...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2017, 8:27:14 AM10/17/17
to HAPI FHIR
Hi James,
We are talking about JAX-RS Server. I'm referring to your sample project available on Github: https://github.com/jamesagnew/hapi-fhir/blob/master/hapi-fhir-jaxrsserver-example. Can you provide any example where you use _include or _revinclude parameters for this implementation?
Regards,
Piotr.

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 7:29 AM, <praktyka...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'am using hapifhir version 2.5 with implementation server as is described in http://hapifhir.io/doc_rest_server_jaxrs.html

I'd like search Practitioners with specified specialty in PractitionerRole. When I'am using

http://mymedic.com.pl:8082/Practitioner?_revinclude:PractitionerRole:practitioner:specialty=0731

it returns all Practitioners not only these with specialty=0731. It seams that in version 2.5 these parameters are not active ?

My be in hapifhir version 3.0 these parameters: _has, _include and _revinclude was implemented ?

James Agnew

Oct 17, 2017, 9:02:25 AM10/17/17
to piotr.m...@gmail.com, HAPI FHIR
Hi Piotr,

Ah, ok. It's entirely possible that those features are not yet implemented in the JAX-RS server. That module was a contribution, and does neccesarily not have all of the functionality of the RestfulServer module.

We're happy to accept patches and pull requests if you wanted to take a crack at implementing any missing functionality in JAX-RS, but if you need complete support out of the box I'd probably recommend using RestfulServer.

Cheers,
James

Jon Wilmoth

Oct 14, 2021, 12:22:38 PM10/14/21
to HAPI FHIR
We're running v5.5.1 of the HAPI FHIR server with a Provider that extends AbstractJaxRsResourceProvider and while include functionality works, we haven't been able to get revInclude for provenance to work.  Is this expected behavior?  Is revInclude supported in the HAPI FHIR plain server type w/ v5.5.1?