Slowness on updating codesystems

ldu...@intrahealth.org

Feb 24, 2021, 12:39:33 PM2/24/21
to HAPI FHIR
Hi All,

I'm having a strange situation and I realize it may be difficult to assist, but perhaps if you can share some information on the process it may help track it down.

I have a system set up using the HAPI 5.2.0 docker image connecting to a Postgres database on AWS.  Updating a codesystem with 232 concepts takes around 18 seconds to save.  Other resources save with no speed issue even of greater total size.  But the number of concepts does affect the time.  It appears to be something with the queries that are being run on postgres.  Is there something extra being run when it's a codesystem?

When I do the same thing on a local HAPI 5.2.0 (from JPA server starter on tomcat) connecting to a local postgres there's no issue.

Does anyone have any insights or can suggest any places to look?  The HAPI configurations are the standard ones that came with 5.2 (except for the db connection of course).

Thanks,
Luke