Uploading Multiple Versions of the Same CodeSystem

Tayeb merabti

Jun 29, 2024, 5:08:54 AM (7 days ago) Jun 29
to HAPI FHIR
I am using Hapi FHIR and I need to manage multiple versions of the same CodeSystem. I would appreciate some guidance on how can I upload multiple versions of the same CodeSystem using the JPA HAPI FHIR server.

Currently, when I try to upload a new version of a codeSystem with same ID/URL the old one is deleted.

Thank's for your help and guidance.

Arne Van Eycken

Jul 5, 2024, 7:04:07 AM (yesterday) Jul 5
to tayeb....@gmail.com, hapi...@googlegroups.com

I have the same usecase and have asked about this in the past before in this group. I never found a solution. I have the impression for loinc different versions could possibly work if I look at the codebase though.

Tayeb merabti

Jul 5, 2024, 7:04:07 AM (yesterday) Jul 5
to Arne Van Eycken, hapi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Arne,

   I know that Ontoserver implemented this option. Multiple versions for the codeSystem Id, but I don't know if they use a custom server or they are based on hapifhir server.

Tayeb Merabti,
Project manager,
Agence du numérique de santé

Mannawar H

Jul 5, 2024, 7:04:12 AM (yesterday) Jul 5
to HAPI FHIR
Hi Tayeb:
Did you included version property? Should be something like this

CodeSystem/yourdomain with version = 1.1
CodeSystem/yourdomain with version = 1.2

upload each version of the CodeSystem separately using FHIR rest api (PUT or POST).

For querying specific version, GET CodeSystem?url=http://yourdomain.com&version=1.2

If no version specified, it will return recently updated version of the code system.