ERROR HAPI-2071: Invalid filter criteria - code does not exist

ouss ouss

Jun 18, 2024, 11:25:41 AMJun 18
to HAPI FHIR

Hello,

We had an error when calling a valuset by url with expand : https://hapi.fhir.org/baseR4/ValueSet/$expand?url=https://xxxx.fr/ig/fhir/yyy/ValueSet/xxxx-yyy-zzz-mat-allaitement-vs

The error message is saying that the code system does not exist which is not true, here is the get call of the codesystem:

https://hapi.fhir.org/baseR4/CodeSystem?url=https://xxxx.fr/ig/fhir/yyy/CodeSystem/xxxx-yyy-maternite-cs

It’s a strange behavior from fhir! :s

Does anyone had explanation? Can you help please ?

Thanks in advance.

Blessed Tabvirwa

Jun 19, 2024, 9:14:59 PMJun 19
to HAPI FHIR
I suspect the issue might be with your codesystem or valueset definition because $expand works with no issues on other valuesets e.g. https://hapi.fhir.org/baseR4/ValueSet/$expand?url=http://mdr.samply.de/altun/fhir/ValueSet/VS-Quadrant

The operation outcome seems to indicate that something is not quite right IMHO, see how code 302830 is somehow being added to the filter criteria, even i you explicitly filter for anyother code in your valueset, that leads me to thing maybe you need to review your codesystem or valueset definition.

Operation Outcome
ERROR

[]

HAPI-2071: Invalid filter criteria - code does not exist: {https://xxxx.fr/ig/fhir/yyy/CodeSystem/xxxx-yyy-maternite-cs}
302830

oghali

Jun 20, 2024, 9:24:16 AMJun 20
to HAPI FHIR
Hello,
thanks for your answer.
the code system and valueset definition are good. here the bundle that we used, you could get a look.
the adding of the code 302830 to the filter criteria is right and normal since we are using a  descendent-of relation:
"compose": {
                    "include": [
                        {
                            "filter": [
                                {
                                    "op": "descendent-of",
                                    "property": "concept",
                                    "value": "302830"
                                }
                            ],
                            "system": "https://xxxx.fr/ig/fhir/yyy/CodeSystem/xxxx-yyy-maternite-cs"
                        }
                    ]
                },

We are facing the same problem with other valueset.
we are able to fix the issue, in our development environnement, by passing the bundle many times but we want to understand the root cause.
We think it's a bug on the hapi side.

Regards,
Oussema
Mater reset anonymized.json