how to enable _content search | how to search for disease in ICD10

Ali Buzaid

Jun 14, 2022, 9:36:43 AM6/14/22
to HAPI FHIR
I want to search the fhir server for a disease in the terminology server
then it return all like searchset

I tried
"
"
but it gives me
"diagnostics": "HAPI-1192: Fulltext search is not enabled on this service, can not process parameter: _content"
I am running the server from docker image

how to enable it ....

and is there any better way to do it

thanks

Ali Buzaid

Jul 13, 2022, 7:09:44 AM7/13/22
to HAPI FHIR
any help
thanks

ricar...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2022, 11:06:23 AM7/14/22
to HAPI FHIR
Hi,

_content filters resources through full-text searching on the entire content, so it requires Lucene indexing to be enabled. If you are using the JPA server starter, check in the application.yaml:
### These settings will enable fulltext search with lucene
# hibernate.search.enabled: true
# hibernate.search.backend.type: lucene
# hibernate.search.backend.analysis.configurer: ca.uhn.fhir.jpa.search.HapiLuceneAnalysisConfigurer
# hibernate.search.backend.directory.type: local-filesystem
# hibernate.search.backend.directory.root: target/lucenefiles
# hibernate.search.backend.lucene_version: lucene_current

It would be probably better to use standard FHIR filters for your scenario (e.g. Condition.code), which rely on the database instead.

Cheers,
Ricardo Gonçalves.