Update on Javax - Jakarta Migration

James Agnew

Oct 10, 2023, 11:27:35 AM10/10/23
to HAPI FHIR
Hi All,

I wanted to give a quick update on progress towards the migration of HAPI FHIR's use of the javax.* namespaces to the new jakarta.* namespace. As a reminder, this change is required in order to support Spring Boot 3.x, which many users wish to adopt for various reasons including a security issue reported against Spring Boot 2.x.

To get straight to the point, we are no longer planning on including this change in our November release, which will now be numbered 6.10.0. We will be making SNAPSHOT builds available in November however which include this change. This means that if you are hoping to migrate, you will be able to begin testing your migration by November 2023, but we will not be releasing HAPI FHIR with the new namespace until some time later (Feb 2024 as the worst case - possibly sooner). Feel free to stop reading here, but the full explanation follows.

Background:
The move to Spring Boot 3 and Spring Core 6 has been a very sprawling change which has revealed a number of surprises along the way. Among changes that cascade from this:
- Hibernate needs to be upgraded to Hibernate 6, which has many significant changes.
- The new version of hibernate breaks the DDL Maven plugin which we previously used to generate our schema script and power our schema migration tool. A new Maven plugin has been developed right within HAPI FHIR, as the previous plugin does not appear to have any plans to support Hibernate 6.
- The JAX-WS and JAXB frameworks need to be upgraded. This upgrade had cascading effects on the CQL module, which has dependencies on the older JAXB framework. This upgrade also required a major bump to the Phloc-Schematron library which is used for validation, and this upgrade caused a number of breaking changes.
- Hibernate 6 also requires a bump from ElasticSearch 7.x to 8.x. ElasticSearch have removed the ES "High Level Client" which supported our $lastn implementation. This required a rewrite, and unfortunately means that we will no longer support $lastn on raw Lucene.
- Thymeleaf had to be upgraded from 3.0.x to 3.1.x in order to support the new servlet API, and this broke a number of our existing Testpage Overlay templates.
- Spring Security and javax.jms packages had to be upgraded, both of which required a number of infrastructure changes as we use these in our commercial project, Smile CDR (I won't get into these here since this is a community update, but I do think this stuff is interesting too.. I'm thinking I might write that part up in a blog post).

Rationale for not releasing this change in November:
There are three major reasons for the delay.
- Hibernate 6 includes a completely reworked SQL generator, which emits SQL with a number of structural differences to Hibernate 5. I am worried about the performance impacts of these changes, and we will be doing lots of performance testing and cross-database compatibility testing to ensure that this change doesn't cause unexpected regressions. Hibernate claim that these changes should result in better performance so I am hopeful, but I definitely don't want to just take their word for it.
- As a result of upgrading the JAXB framework, the CQL module must also be upgraded to use the new Jakarta-based JAXB runtime and compiler. This has downstream effects on projects other than HAPI FHIR, and we need to coordinate this change.
- Finally, this change has just ended up being a significantly more sweeping change than I anticipated it being. It requires major rewrites to the way we use a number of frameworks, and touches over 600 source files. I just don't feel comfortable that we could consider this change to be well-tested by release time.

Current State:
At this time, HAPI FHIR can be built successfuly against the new APIs. The working branch can be found here: https://github.com/hapifhir/hapi-fhir/tree/ja_20230610_servlet_migration . This branch has a small number of unit tests which are failing intermittently, almost certainly as a result of the Hibernate upgrade. I'm working through what is causing them but I don't expect there is anything intractable there. This branch also needs two CQL changes, which must be built locally first. These can be found here and here.

Cheers,
James

Ahmet Nalcacioglu

Oct 12, 2023, 12:36:27 PM10/12/23
to HAPI FHIR
Hi James,

This is very useful. I was able to build the branch and also build the hapi-fhir-jpaserver-starter against this snapshot build. I want to deploy it to Tomcat to play around with it. I do not have much experience though (I think persistence.xml is one file where we define data source), is there a test folder or some resource that you can direct us to figure this out?

In the current release, it was as easy as deploying the war file from jpa server and defining a "<Resource>...</Resource>" of type `type="javax.sql.DataSource"' in context.xml file. I think now there is a persistence.xml file that has to list the entities?

Thanks!

Ahmet.

James Agnew

Oct 12, 2023, 2:36:41 PM10/12/23
to Ahmet Nalcacioglu, HAPI FHIR
Hi Ahmet,

Definitely no persistence.xml file is needed, we're running all of our unit tests and i've smoke tested the project that runs the public hapi fhir server against this new build as well.

I unfortunately don't know about the starter project though - it uses Boot which isn't my area of expertise. Hoping someone with Boot experience can dive into what is needed to get this working on the new version soon.

Cheers,
James

Martin Bialke

Dec 12, 2023, 9:09:09 AM12/12/23
to HAPI FHIR
Hello James,

we are looking forward to the new FHIR HAPI Jakarta EE Support which was announced for Nov. 2023 a few month ago.
Is it already known when the changeover from HAPI to Jakarta will be completed and in which version of HAPI this will be published according to current knowledge?
As HAPI is now an essential dependency in our solutions, we would be very interested in some details for our own planning.

Best regards,
Martin

James Agnew

Dec 12, 2023, 9:44:46 AM12/12/23
to Martin Bialke, HAPI FHIR
Hi Martin,

The work has completed, and the Jakarta changes have been merged to our master branch in Git.

Current development snapshot builds are available with this change, starting with 6.11.6-SNAPSHOT, and the plan is to release this in GA as HAPI FHIR 7.0.0 in February 2024.

JPA users can check out this branch to test the Jakarta builds against the JPA starter server here: https://github.com/hapifhir/hapi-fhir-jpaserver-starter/pull/618

Cheers,
James

Martin Bialke

Dec 12, 2023, 10:00:18 AM12/12/23
to HAPI FHIR
Hi James,

Thank you for the quick and positive response. We are looking forward to trying out the new Jakarta build soon :)

Great work!

Have a relaxing holiday season soon,

Martin

Patrick Werner

Dec 12, 2023, 10:46:22 AM12/12/23
to HAPI FHIR, Martin Bialke, James Agnew
That’s great news!

Thanks for all the work James.

christ...@gmail.com

Dec 14, 2023, 3:05:37 AM12/14/23
to HAPI FHIR
Given the amount of changes, would it be an idea to do a Milestone/RC tag (marked as "non-productive and non-supported usage only"), which is accessible via Maven Central?
This would give the community the chance to adapt to new APIs, give it a test drive and maybe report issues that can be fixed until an official release...

Many thanks for doing all that work!
Christian

James Agnew

Dec 14, 2023, 7:54:37 AM12/14/23
to christ...@gmail.com, HAPI FHIR
Hi Christian,

Build 6.11.6-SNAPSHOT (and later, as we tag them) is published to the Sonatype snapshot repositories, so it's available for testing today. See here for information on how to use a snapshot build: https://hapifhir.io/hapi-fhir/docs/getting_started/downloading_and_importing.html#snapshot

Cheers,
James

granada Coder

Dec 15, 2023, 3:47:45 PM12/15/23
to HAPI FHIR

Ok, I spent some time working with the latest SNAPSHOT build of '6.11.7-SNAPSHOT'

I have a "learning example" I keep around...based off the fhirstarters work.   (Yeah!  Remember that stuff?)
  (I added a gradle multi module example...but that is besides the point of the SB3/Jakarta stuff).

Ok, first, so you know I'm not totally lost.

Here is my additional work on fhir-starters.

The below branch is SpringBoot 2.7.x based.

with these versions:

      springBootVersion = '2.7.18'
      // Note, there is a relationship between the spring-boot-version and the hapi-fhir-version as seen here (under 'Compile Dependencies'): https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/ca.uhn.hapi.fhir/hapi-fhir-server/6.1.3
      hapiFhirVersion = '6.1.3'
      slf4jVersion = "1.7.36"

This is working as expected.

with log output:

[main] INFO org.springframework.boot.actuate.endpoint.web.EndpointLinksResolver - Exposing 13 endpoint(s) beneath base path '/actuator'
[main] INFO ca.uhn.fhir.rest.server.RestfulServer - Initializing HAPI FHIR restful server running in R4 mode
[main] INFO ca.uhn.fhir.rest.server.RestfulServer - Added 3 resource provider(s). Total 3
[main] INFO ca.uhn.fhir.rest.server.RestfulServer - A FHIR has been lit on this server
[main] INFO org.springframework.boot.web.embedded.tomcat.TomcatWebServer - Tomcat started on port(s): 8083 (http) with context path ''

==========

I have a branch (off of the above branch)

and the "important" version uplifts:

      springBootVersion = '3.2.0'
      hapiFhirVersion = '6.11.7-SNAPSHOT'
      slf4jVersion = '2.0.9'

You can see just the changes in this PR:

The SB3 uplift is not working.

Well, the "actuator" endpoints are working with the SB3/HapiFhir-SNAPSHOT uplift:

so I am not completely dead in the water.

But the IResourceProvider(s) are not working.

The logs are as such (below): (note, no " FHIR has been lit" message)

[main] INFO org.springframework.boot.actuate.endpoint.web.EndpointLinksResolver - Exposing 13 endpoint(s) beneath base path '/actuator'
[main] INFO org.springframework.security.web.DefaultSecurityFilterChain - Will secure any request with [org.springframework.security.web.session.DisableEncodeUrlFilter, org.springframework.security.web.context.request.async.WebAsyncManagerIntegrationFilter, org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextHolderFilter, org.springframework.security.web.header.HeaderWriterFilter, org.springframework.web.filter.CorsFilter, org.springframework.security.web.authentication.logout.LogoutFilter, org.springframework.security.web.savedrequest.RequestCacheAwareFilter, org.springframework.security.web.servletapi.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter, org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AnonymousAuthenticationFilter, org.springframework.security.web.access.ExceptionTranslationFilter, org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.AuthorizationFilter]

[main] INFO ca.uhn.fhir.util.VersionUtil - HAPI FHIR version 6.11.7-SNAPSHOT - Rev 7863f03c68/2023-12-15
[main] INFO ca.uhn.fhir.context.FhirContext - Creating new FHIR context for FHIR version [R4]
[main] INFO org.springframework.boot.web.embedded.tomcat.TomcatWebServer - Tomcat started on port 8083 (http) with context path ''

My concrete IResourceProviders are being instantiated (by spring-ioc-context voodoo).....

But calling the fhir-resources in PostMan/Insomnia are not working.

I am trying to do some deep diving.  But its Friday and have been messing with this . this afternoon ..while it is quiet at work.
Again, I just started....but thought I'd report back something concrete.

(If anyone chooses to follow along)
There are several projects in that repo (fhirstarters) (and my fork).  Some DotNetCore, Java-Maven-Flavored, Java-Gradle-Flavored.  My work in in the below folder:

./java/hapi-fhirstarters-rest-server-gradle-multmodule/

I am trying to get the fhirstarters (specifically....my contribution of multi-modules-in-gradle) working with the SB3/Jakarta-Friendly Hapi-FHIR-Server stuff.. before trying it on my real code.

But "trying".

Thanks.

granada Coder

Dec 15, 2023, 4:07:05 PM12/15/23
to HAPI FHIR
I just verified (in my feature/hapi-starter-gradle-layers-sb3-jakarta-1 branch)

RestfulServer "init" is not being executed.

/**
 * Initializes the server. Note that this method is final to avoid accidentally introducing bugs in implementations,
 * but subclasses may put initialization code in {@link #initialize()}, which is
 * called immediately before beginning initialization of the restful server's internal init.
 */
@Override
public final void init() throws ServletException {

And that's as far as I'll get today.

granada Coder

Dec 18, 2023, 9:11:33 AM12/18/23
to HAPI FHIR
Ok.  I've figured out a little bit more.

In the SB 2.7 version (of my 2 branches above).

When I list out the items in the Ioc-Context ("spring-beans" in spring-java-talk). ...

[main] INFO QuickExampleServerApplicationEntry - SpringBootApplication Start.  getBeanDefinitionName="ca.uhn.fhir.spring.boot.autoconfigure.FhirAutoConfiguration"
[main] INFO QuickExampleServerApplicationEntry - SpringBootApplication Start.  getBeanDefinitionName="ca.uhn.fhir.spring.boot.autoconfigure.FhirAutoConfiguration$FhirRestfulServerConfiguration"
[main] INFO QuickExampleServerApplicationEntry - SpringBootApplication Start.  getBeanDefinitionName="hapi.fhir-ca.uhn.fhir.spring.boot.autoconfigure.FhirProperties"

But SB 3.2 version (of my branch), these items are not in the IoC context.

My dependency report for my SB 3.2 version does the inclusion of: (to my knowledge, the thing that makes the application.yml glue work)
org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-autoconfigure:3.2.0

Full dependency report below (for SB-3 branch above)

Welcome to Gradle 7.5!

Here are the highlights of this release:
 - Support for Java 18
 - Support for building with Groovy 4
 - Much more responsive continuous builds
 - Improved diagnostics for dependency resolution

For more details see https://docs.gradle.org/7.5/release-notes.html

> Task :source:javalayers:resourceproviderlayer:printAllDependencies

Project ':source:javalayers:resourceproviderlayer'

annotationProcessor - Annotation processors and their dependencies for source set 'main'.
No dependencies

apiElements - API elements for main. (n)
No dependencies

archives - Configuration for archive artifacts. (n)
No dependencies

compileClasspath - Compile classpath for source set 'main'.

> Task :source:printAllDependencies

Project ':source'

jacocoAgent - The Jacoco agent to use to get coverage data.
\--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.agent:0.8.8

jacocoAnt - The Jacoco ant tasks to use to get execute Gradle tasks.
\--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.ant:0.8.8
     +--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.core:0.8.8
     |    +--- org.ow2.asm:asm:9.2
     |    +--- org.ow2.asm:asm-commons:9.2
     |    |    +--- org.ow2.asm:asm:9.2
     |    |    +--- org.ow2.asm:asm-tree:9.2
     |    |    |    \--- org.ow2.asm:asm:9.2
     |    |    \--- org.ow2.asm:asm-analysis:9.2
     |    |         \--- org.ow2.asm:asm-tree:9.2 (*)
     |    \--- org.ow2.asm:asm-tree:9.2 (*)
     +--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.report:0.8.8
     |    \--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.core:0.8.8 (*)
     \--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.agent:0.8.8

(*) - dependencies omitted (listed previously)

A web-based, searchable dependency report is available by adding the --scan option.

> Task :source:javalayers:toplayers:printAllDependencies

Project ':source:javalayers:toplayers'

jacocoAgent - The Jacoco agent to use to get coverage data.
\--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.agent:0.8.8

jacocoAnt - The Jacoco ant tasks to use to get execute Gradle tasks.
\--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.ant:0.8.8
     +--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.core:0.8.8
     |    +--- org.ow2.asm:asm:9.2
     |    +--- org.ow2.asm:asm-commons:9.2
     |    |    +--- org.ow2.asm:asm:9.2
     |    |    +--- org.ow2.asm:asm-tree:9.2
     |    |    |    \--- org.ow2.asm:asm:9.2
     |    |    \--- org.ow2.asm:asm-analysis:9.2
     |    |         \--- org.ow2.asm:asm-tree:9.2 (*)
     |    \--- org.ow2.asm:asm-tree:9.2 (*)
     +--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.report:0.8.8
     |    \--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.core:0.8.8 (*)
     \--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.agent:0.8.8

(*) - dependencies omitted (listed previously)

A web-based, searchable dependency report is available by adding the --scan option.

> Task :printAllDependencies

Root project 'hapi-fhirstarters-rest-server-skeleton-gradlelayersandspringbootexample'

annotationProcessor - Annotation processors and their dependencies for source set 'main'.
No dependencies

apiElements - API elements for main. (n)
No dependencies

archives - Configuration for archive artifacts. (n)
No dependencies

bootArchives - Configuration for Spring Boot archive artifacts. (n)
No dependencies

checkstyle - The Checkstyle libraries to be used for this project.
\--- com.puppycrawl.tools:checkstyle:8.45.1
     +--- info.picocli:picocli:4.6.1
     +--- antlr:antlr:2.7.7
     +--- org.antlr:antlr4-runtime:4.9.2
     +--- commons-beanutils:commons-beanutils:1.9.4
     |    \--- commons-collections:commons-collections:3.2.2
     +--- com.google.guava:guava:30.1.1-jre
     |    +--- com.google.guava:failureaccess:1.0.1
     |    +--- com.google.guava:listenablefuture:9999.0-empty-to-avoid-conflict-with-guava
     |    +--- com.google.code.findbugs:jsr305:3.0.2
     |    +--- org.checkerframework:checker-qual:3.8.0
     |    +--- com.google.errorprone:error_prone_annotations:2.5.1
     |    \--- com.google.j2objc:j2objc-annotations:1.3
     +--- org.reflections:reflections:0.9.12
     |    \--- org.javassist:javassist:3.26.0-GA
     \--- net.sf.saxon:Saxon-HE:10.5

compileClasspath - Compile classpath for source set 'main'.
No dependencies

compileOnly - Compile only dependencies for source set 'main'. (n)
No dependencies

coverageDataElementsForTest - Binary data file containing results of Jacoco test coverage reporting for the test Test Suite's test target. (n)
No dependencies

default - Configuration for default artifacts. (n)
No dependencies

developmentOnly - Configuration for development-only dependencies such as Spring Boot's DevTools.
No dependencies

implementation - Implementation only dependencies for source set 'main'. (n)
No dependencies

jacocoAgent - The Jacoco agent to use to get coverage data.
\--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.agent:0.8.6

jacocoAnt - The Jacoco ant tasks to use to get execute Gradle tasks.

> Task :source:javalayers:businesslogiclayer:printAllDependencies

Project ':source:javalayers:businesslogiclayer'

annotationProcessor - Annotation processors and their dependencies for source set 'main'.
No dependencies

apiElements - API elements for main. (n)
No dependencies

archives - Configuration for archive artifacts. (n)
No dependencies

compileClasspath - Compile classpath for source set 'main'.
+--- org.slf4j:slf4j-api:2.0.9
+--- javax.inject:javax.inject:1
+--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-base:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT
|    +--- com.fasterxml.jackson.datatype:jackson-datatype-jsr310:2.16.0
|    |    +--- com.fasterxml.jackson.core:jackson-annotations:2.16.0
|    |    |    \--- com.fasterxml.jackson:jackson-bom:2.16.0
|    |    |         +--- com.fasterxml.jackson.core:jackson-annotations:2.16.0 (c)
|    |    |         +--- com.fasterxml.jackson.core:jackson-core:2.16.0 (c)
|    |    |         +--- com.fasterxml.jackson.core:jackson-databind:2.16.0 (c)
|    |    |         \--- com.fasterxml.jackson.datatype:jackson-datatype-jsr310:2.16.0 (c)
|    |    +--- com.fasterxml.jackson.core:jackson-core:2.16.0
|    |    |    \--- com.fasterxml.jackson:jackson-bom:2.16.0 (*)
|    |    +--- com.fasterxml.jackson.core:jackson-databind:2.16.0
|    |    |    +--- com.fasterxml.jackson.core:jackson-annotations:2.16.0 (*)
|    |    |    +--- com.fasterxml.jackson.core:jackson-core:2.16.0 (*)
|    |    |    \--- com.fasterxml.jackson:jackson-bom:2.16.0 (*)
|    |    \--- com.fasterxml.jackson:jackson-bom:2.16.0 (*)
|    +--- com.fasterxml.jackson.core:jackson-databind:2.16.0 (*)
|    +--- org.apache.commons:commons-lang3:3.12.0
|    +--- org.apache.commons:commons-text:1.10.0
|    |    \--- org.apache.commons:commons-lang3:3.12.0
|    +--- commons-codec:commons-codec:1.15
|    +--- commons-io:commons-io:2.11.0
|    +--- com.google.guava:guava:32.1.1-jre
|    |    +--- com.google.guava:guava-parent:32.1.1-jre
|    |    |    +--- com.google.code.findbugs:jsr305:3.0.2 (c)
|    |    |    +--- org.checkerframework:checker-qual:3.33.0 (c)
|    |    |    +--- com.google.errorprone:error_prone_annotations:2.18.0 (c)
|    |    |    \--- com.google.j2objc:j2objc-annotations:2.8 (c)
|    |    +--- com.google.guava:failureaccess:1.0.1
|    |    +--- com.google.code.findbugs:jsr305 -> 3.0.2
|    |    +--- org.checkerframework:checker-qual -> 3.33.0
|    |    +--- com.google.errorprone:error_prone_annotations -> 2.18.0
|    |    \--- com.google.j2objc:j2objc-annotations -> 2.8
|    +--- org.slf4j:slf4j-api:2.0.9
|    +--- org.slf4j:jcl-over-slf4j:2.0.9
|    |    \--- org.slf4j:slf4j-api:2.0.9
|    +--- com.google.code.findbugs:jsr305:3.0.2
|    \--- jakarta.annotation:jakarta.annotation-api:2.1.1
+--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-structures-r4:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT
|    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-base:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (*)
|    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:org.hl7.fhir.utilities:6.1.2.2
|    |    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-base:6.4.1 -> 6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (*)
|    |    +--- com.ibm.icu:icu4j:72.1
|    |    \--- commons-net:commons-net:3.9.0
|    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:org.hl7.fhir.r4:6.1.2.2
|    |    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:org.hl7.fhir.utilities:6.1.2.2 (*)
|    |    \--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-base:6.4.1 -> 6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (*)
|    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-caching-api:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT
|    |    \--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-base:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (*)
|    \--- jakarta.annotation:jakarta.annotation-api:2.1.1
\--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-server:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT
     +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-base:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (*)
     +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:org.hl7.fhir.utilities:6.1.2.2 (*)
     +--- org.apache.httpcomponents:httpcore:4.4.13
     +--- com.googlecode.owasp-java-html-sanitizer:owasp-java-html-sanitizer:20211018.2
     |    \--- com.google.guava:guava:30.1-jre -> 32.1.1-jre (*)
     +--- org.springframework:spring-messaging:6.1.1
     |    +--- org.springframework:spring-beans:6.1.1
     |    |    \--- org.springframework:spring-core:6.1.1
     |    |         \--- org.springframework:spring-jcl:6.1.1
     |    \--- org.springframework:spring-core:6.1.1 (*)
     +--- org.simplejavamail:simple-java-mail:6.6.1
     |    +--- org.simplejavamail:core-module:6.6.1
     |    |    +--- com.sun.mail:jakarta.mail:1.6.5
     |    |    +--- jakarta.xml.bind:jakarta.xml.bind-api:2.3.2
     |    |    |    \--- jakarta.activation:jakarta.activation-api:1.2.1
     |    |    +--- jakarta.annotation:jakarta.annotation-api:1.3.5 -> 2.1.1
     |    |    +--- com.github.bbottema:emailaddress-rfc2822:2.2.0
     |    |    |    +--- com.sun.mail:jakarta.mail:[1.6.3,1.9.9) -> 1.6.5
     |    |    |    \--- org.slf4j:slf4j-api:1.7.25 -> 2.0.9
     |    |    \--- org.slf4j:slf4j-api:1.7.25 -> 2.0.9
     |    \--- org.slf4j:slf4j-api:1.7.25 -> 2.0.9
     \--- org.apache.commons:commons-collections4:4.4

compileOnly - Compile only dependencies for source set 'main'. (n)
No dependencies

coverageDataElementsForTest - Binary data file containing results of Jacoco test coverage reporting for the test Test Suite's test target. (n)
No dependencies

default - Configuration for default artifacts. (n)
No dependencies

implementation - Implementation only dependencies for source set 'main'. (n)
+--- org.slf4j:slf4j-api:2.0.9 (n)
+--- javax.inject:javax.inject:1 (n)
+--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-base:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (n)
+--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-structures-r4:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (n)
\--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-server:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (n)

jacocoAgent - The Jacoco agent to use to get coverage data.
\--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.agent:0.8.8

jacocoAnt - The Jacoco ant tasks to use to get execute Gradle tasks.
\--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.ant:0.8.8
     +--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.core:0.8.8
     |    +--- org.ow2.asm:asm:9.2
     |    +--- org.ow2.asm:asm-commons:9.2
     |    |    +--- org.ow2.asm:asm:9.2
     |    |    +--- org.ow2.asm:asm-tree:9.2
     |    |    |    \--- org.ow2.asm:asm:9.2
     |    |    \--- org.ow2.asm:asm-analysis:9.2
     |    |         \--- org.ow2.asm:asm-tree:9.2 (*)
     |    \--- org.ow2.asm:asm-tree:9.2 (*)
     +--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.report:0.8.8
     |    \--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.core:0.8.8 (*)
     \--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.agent:0.8.8

mainSourceElements - List of source directories contained in the Main SourceSet. (n)
No dependencies

runtimeClasspath - Runtime classpath of source set 'main'.
> [...]
     |    \--- org.springframework:spring-core:6.1.1 (*)
     +--- org.simplejavamail:simple-java-mail:6.6.1
     |    +--- org.simplejavamail:core-module:6.6.1
     |    |    +--- com.sun.mail:jakarta.mail:1.6.5
     |    |    +--- jakarta.xml.bind:jakarta.xml.bind-api:2.3.2
     |    |    |    \--- jakarta.activation:jakarta.activation-api:1.2.1
     |    |    +--- jakarta.annotation:jakarta.annotation-api:1.3.5 -> 2.1.1
     |    |    +--- com.github.bbottema:emailaddress-rfc2822:2.2.0
     |    |    |    +--- com.sun.mail:jakarta.mail:[1.6.3,1.9.9) -> 1.6.5
     |    |    |    \--- org.slf4j:slf4j-api:1.7.25 -> 2.0.9
     |    |    +--- com.github.bbottema:jetbrains-runtime-annotations:1.0.0
     |    |    |    \--- org.slf4j:slf4j-api:1.7.21 -> 2.0.9
     |    |    \--- org.slf4j:slf4j-api:1.7.25 -> 2.0.9
     |    +--- com.github.bbottema:jetbrains-runtime-annotations:1.0.0 (*)
     |    \--- org.slf4j:slf4j-api:1.7.25 -> 2.0.9
     \--- org.apache.commons:commons-collections4:4.4

runtimeElements - Elements of runtime for main. (n)
No dependencies

runtimeOnly - Runtime only dependencies for source set 'main'. (n)
No dependencies

testAnnotationProcessor - Annotation processors and their dependencies for source set 'test'.
No dependencies

testCompileClasspath - Compile classpath for source set 'test'.
> [...]
|    |    |    \--- org.springframework:spring-core:6.1.1
|    |    |         \--- org.springframework:spring-jcl:6.1.1
|    |    \--- org.springframework:spring-core:6.1.1 (*)
|    +--- org.simplejavamail:simple-java-mail:6.6.1
|    |    +--- org.simplejavamail:core-module:6.6.1
|    |    |    +--- com.sun.mail:jakarta.mail:1.6.5
|    |    |    +--- jakarta.xml.bind:jakarta.xml.bind-api:2.3.2
|    |    |    |    \--- jakarta.activation:jakarta.activation-api:1.2.1
|    |    |    +--- jakarta.annotation:jakarta.annotation-api:1.3.5 -> 2.1.1
|    |    |    +--- com.github.bbottema:emailaddress-rfc2822:2.2.0
|    |    |    |    +--- com.sun.mail:jakarta.mail:[1.6.3,1.9.9) -> 1.6.5
|    |    |    |    \--- org.slf4j:slf4j-api:1.7.25 -> 2.0.9
|    |    |    \--- org.slf4j:slf4j-api:1.7.25 -> 2.0.9
|    |    \--- org.slf4j:slf4j-api:1.7.25 -> 2.0.9
|    \--- org.apache.commons:commons-collections4:4.4
+--- junit:junit:4.13.2
|    \--- org.hamcrest:hamcrest-core:1.3
\--- org.mockito:mockito-core:4.8.0 -> 4.11.0
     +--- net.bytebuddy:byte-buddy:1.12.19
     \--- net.bytebuddy:byte-buddy-agent:1.12.19

testCompileOnly - Compile only dependencies for source set 'test'. (n)
No dependencies

testImplementation - Implementation only dependencies for source set 'test'. (n)
+--- junit:junit:4.13.2 (n)
\--- org.mockito:mockito-core:4.8.0 (n)

testResultsElementsForTest - Directory containing binary results of running tests for the test Test Suite's test target. (n)
No dependencies

testRuntimeClasspath - Runtime classpath of source set 'test'.
> [...]
|    |    |    |    \--- jakarta.activation:jakarta.activation-api:1.2.1
|    |    |    +--- jakarta.annotation:jakarta.annotation-api:1.3.5 -> 2.1.1
|    |    |    +--- com.github.bbottema:emailaddress-rfc2822:2.2.0
|    |    |    |    +--- com.sun.mail:jakarta.mail:[1.6.3,1.9.9) -> 1.6.5
|    |    |    |    \--- org.slf4j:slf4j-api:1.7.25 -> 2.0.9
|    |    |    +--- com.github.bbottema:jetbrains-runtime-annotations:1.0.0
|    |    |    |    \--- org.slf4j:slf4j-api:1.7.21 -> 2.0.9
|    |    |    \--- org.slf4j:slf4j-api:1.7.25 -> 2.0.9
|    |    +--- com.github.bbottema:jetbrains-runtime-annotations:1.0.0 (*)
|    |    \--- org.slf4j:slf4j-api:1.7.25 -> 2.0.9
|    \--- org.apache.commons:commons-collections4:4.4
+--- junit:junit:4.13.2
|    \--- org.hamcrest:hamcrest-core:1.3
\--- org.mockito:mockito-core:4.8.0 -> 4.11.0
     +--- net.bytebuddy:byte-buddy:1.12.19
     +--- net.bytebuddy:byte-buddy-agent:1.12.19
     \--- org.objenesis:objenesis:3.3

testRuntimeOnly - Runtime only dependencies for source set 'test'. (n)
No dependencies

(c) - dependency constraint
(*) - dependencies omitted (listed previously)

(n) - Not resolved (configuration is not meant to be resolved)

A web-based, searchable dependency report is available by adding the --scan option.

> Task :source:javalayers:toplayers:springboottoplayers:printAllDependencies

Project ':source:javalayers:toplayers:springboottoplayers'

> [...]

     |    |    +--- jakarta.annotation:jakarta.annotation-api:1.3.5 -> 2.1.1
     |    |    +--- com.github.bbottema:emailaddress-rfc2822:2.2.0
     |    |    |    +--- com.sun.mail:jakarta.mail:[1.6.3,1.9.9) -> 1.6.5
     |    |    |    \--- org.slf4j:slf4j-api:1.7.25 -> 2.0.9
     |    |    \--- org.slf4j:slf4j-api:1.7.25 -> 2.0.9
     |    \--- org.slf4j:slf4j-api:1.7.25 -> 2.0.9
     \--- org.apache.commons:commons-collections4:4.4

compileOnly - Compile only dependencies for source set 'main'. (n)
No dependencies

coverageDataElementsForTest - Binary data file containing results of Jacoco test coverage reporting for the test Test Suite's test target. (n)
No dependencies

default - Configuration for default artifacts. (n)
No dependencies

implementation - Implementation only dependencies for source set 'main'. (n)
+--- project businesslogiclayer (n)
> [...]

+--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-base:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (*)
+--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-structures-r4:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (*)
+--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-server:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (*)
+--- junit:junit:4.13.2
|    \--- org.hamcrest:hamcrest-core:1.3
\--- org.mockito:mockito-core:4.8.0 -> 4.11.0
     +--- net.bytebuddy:byte-buddy:1.12.19
     +--- net.bytebuddy:byte-buddy-agent:1.12.19
     \--- org.objenesis:objenesis:3.3

testRuntimeOnly - Runtime only dependencies for source set 'test'. (n)
No dependencies

(c) - dependency constraint
(*) - dependencies omitted (listed previously)

(n) - Not resolved (configuration is not meant to be resolved)

A web-based, searchable dependency report is available by adding the --scan option.

> Task :source:javalayers:toplayers:springboottoplayers:quickexampleserver:printAllDependencies

Project ':source:javalayers:toplayers:springboottoplayers:quickexampleserver'

annotationProcessor - Annotation processors and their dependencies for source set 'main'.
No dependencies

apiElements - API elements for main. (n)
No dependencies

archives - Configuration for archive artifacts. (n)
No dependencies

bootArchives - Configuration for Spring Boot archive artifacts. (n)
No dependencies

compileClasspath - Compile classpath for source set 'main'.
+--- project :source:javalayers:resourceproviderlayer
+--- project :source:javalayers:businesslogiclayer
+--- org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-starter-web:3.2.0
> [...]
|    |         +--- com.fasterxml.jackson.core:jackson-databind:2.16.0 (*)
|    |         \--- com.fasterxml.jackson:jackson-bom:2.16.0 (*)
|    +--- org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-starter-tomcat:3.2.0
|    |    +--- jakarta.annotation:jakarta.annotation-api:2.1.1
|    |    +--- org.apache.tomcat.embed:tomcat-embed-core:10.1.16
|    |    +--- org.apache.tomcat.embed:tomcat-embed-el:10.1.16
|    |    \--- org.apache.tomcat.embed:tomcat-embed-websocket:10.1.16
|    |         \--- org.apache.tomcat.embed:tomcat-embed-core:10.1.16
|    +--- org.springframework:spring-web:6.1.1 (*)
|    \--- org.springframework:spring-webmvc:6.1.1
|         +--- org.springframework:spring-aop:6.1.1 (*)
|         +--- org.springframework:spring-beans:6.1.1 (*)
|         +--- org.springframework:spring-context:6.1.1 (*)
|         +--- org.springframework:spring-core:6.1.1 (*)
|         +--- org.springframework:spring-expression:6.1.1 (*)
|         \--- org.springframework:spring-web:6.1.1 (*)
+--- org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-starter-actuator:3.2.0
|    +--- org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-starter:3.2.0 (*)
|    +--- org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-actuator-autoconfigure:3.2.0
|    |    +--- org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-actuator:3.2.0
|    |    |    \--- org.springframework.boot:spring-boot:3.2.0 (*)
|    |    +--- org.springframework.boot:spring-boot:3.2.0 (*)
|    |    \--- org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-autoconfigure:3.2.0 (*)
|    +--- io.micrometer:micrometer-observation:1.12.0 (*)
|    \--- io.micrometer:micrometer-jakarta9:1.12.0
|         +--- io.micrometer:micrometer-core:1.12.0
|         |    +--- io.micrometer:micrometer-commons:1.12.0
|         |    \--- io.micrometer:micrometer-observation:1.12.0 (*)
|         +--- io.micrometer:micrometer-commons:1.12.0
|         \--- io.micrometer:micrometer-observation:1.12.0 (*)
+--- org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-starter-security:3.2.0
> [...]
|    +--- org.springframework:spring-messaging:6.1.1
|    |    +--- org.springframework:spring-beans:6.1.1 (*)
|    |    \--- org.springframework:spring-core:6.1.1 (*)
|    +--- org.simplejavamail:simple-java-mail:6.6.1
|    |    +--- org.simplejavamail:core-module:6.6.1
|    |    |    +--- com.sun.mail:jakarta.mail:1.6.5
|    |    |    +--- jakarta.xml.bind:jakarta.xml.bind-api:2.3.2
|    |    |    |    \--- jakarta.activation:jakarta.activation-api:1.2.1
|    |    |    +--- jakarta.annotation:jakarta.annotation-api:1.3.5 -> 2.1.1
|    |    |    +--- com.github.bbottema:emailaddress-rfc2822:2.2.0
|    |    |    |    +--- com.sun.mail:jakarta.mail:[1.6.3,1.9.9) -> 1.6.5
|    |    |    |    \--- org.slf4j:slf4j-api:1.7.25 -> 2.0.9
|    |    |    \--- org.slf4j:slf4j-api:1.7.25 -> 2.0.9
|    |    \--- org.slf4j:slf4j-api:1.7.25 -> 2.0.9
|    \--- org.apache.commons:commons-collections4:4.4
+--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-spring-boot-autoconfigure:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT
|    \--- org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-autoconfigure:3.2.0 (*)
+--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-jaxrsserver-base:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT
|    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-base:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (*)
|    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-client:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT
|    |    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-base:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (*)
|    |    +--- org.apache.httpcomponents:httpclient:4.5.13
|    |    |    +--- org.apache.httpcomponents:httpcore:4.4.13
|    |    |    \--- commons-codec:commons-codec:1.11 -> 1.15
|    |    \--- org.apache.httpcomponents:httpcore:4.4.13
|    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-server:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (*)
|    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-structures-dstu2:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT
|    |    \--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-base:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (*)
|    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-structures-hl7org-dstu2:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT
|    |    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-base:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (*)
|    |    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:org.hl7.fhir.utilities:6.1.2.2 (*)
|    |    \--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:org.hl7.fhir.dstu2:6.1.2.2
|    |         +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-base:6.4.1 -> 6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (*)
|    |         \--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:org.hl7.fhir.utilities:6.1.2.2 (*)
|    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-structures-dstu2.1:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT
|    |    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-base:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (*)
|    |    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:org.hl7.fhir.dstu2016may:6.1.2.2
|    |    |    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-base:6.4.1 -> 6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (*)
|    |    |    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:org.hl7.fhir.utilities:6.1.2.2 (*)
|    |    |    \--- org.ogce:xpp3:1.1.6
|    |    |         +--- junit:junit:4.7 -> 4.13.2
|    |    |         |    \--- org.hamcrest:hamcrest-core:1.3
|    |    |         \--- jakarta-regexp:jakarta-regexp:1.4
|    |    \--- commons-codec:commons-codec:1.15
|    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-structures-dstu3:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT
|    |    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-base:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (*)
|    |    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:org.hl7.fhir.utilities:6.1.2.2 (*)
|    |    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:org.hl7.fhir.dstu3:6.1.2.2
|    |    |    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:org.hl7.fhir.utilities:6.1.2.2 (*)
|    |    |    \--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-base:6.4.1 -> 6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (*)
|    |    \--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-caching-api:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (*)
|    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-structures-r4:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (*)
|    +--- jakarta.ejb:jakarta.ejb-api:4.0.1
|    |    \--- jakarta.transaction:jakarta.transaction-api:2.0.0
|    +--- jakarta.servlet:jakarta.servlet-api:6.0.0
|    +--- jakarta.ws.rs:jakarta.ws.rs-api:3.1.0
|    +--- jakarta.interceptor:jakarta.interceptor-api:2.1.0
|    |    \--- jakarta.annotation:jakarta.annotation-api:2.1.0 -> 2.1.1
|    \--- org.springframework:spring-context:6.1.1 (*)
+--- org.apache.commons:commons-lang3:3.14.0
\--- org.slf4j:slf4j-simple:2.0.9
     \--- org.slf4j:slf4j-api:2.0.9

compileOnly - Compile only dependencies for source set 'main'. (n)
No dependencies

coverageDataElementsForTest - Binary data file containing results of Jacoco test coverage reporting for the test Test Suite's test target. (n)
No dependencies

default - Configuration for default artifacts. (n)
No dependencies

developmentOnly - Configuration for development-only dependencies such as Spring Boot's DevTools.
No dependencies

implementation - Implementation only dependencies for source set 'main'. (n)
+--- project resourceproviderlayer (n)
+--- project businesslogiclayer (n)
+--- org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-starter-web:3.2.0 (n)
+--- org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-starter-actuator:3.2.0 (n)
+--- org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-starter-security:3.2.0 (n)
+--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-base:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (n)
+--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-structures-r4:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (n)
+--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-server:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (n)
+--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-spring-boot-autoconfigure:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (n)
+--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-jaxrsserver-base:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (n)
+--- org.apache.commons:commons-lang3:3.14.0 (n)
\--- org.slf4j:slf4j-simple:2.0.9 (n)

jacocoAgent - The Jacoco agent to use to get coverage data.
\--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.agent:0.8.8

jacocoAnt - The Jacoco ant tasks to use to get execute Gradle tasks.
\--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.ant:0.8.8
     +--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.core:0.8.8
     |    +--- org.ow2.asm:asm:9.2
     |    +--- org.ow2.asm:asm-commons:9.2
     |    |    +--- org.ow2.asm:asm:9.2
     |    |    +--- org.ow2.asm:asm-tree:9.2
     |    |    |    \--- org.ow2.asm:asm:9.2
     |    |    \--- org.ow2.asm:asm-analysis:9.2
     |    |         \--- org.ow2.asm:asm-tree:9.2 (*)
     |    \--- org.ow2.asm:asm-tree:9.2 (*)
     +--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.report:0.8.8
     |    \--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.core:0.8.8 (*)
     \--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.agent:0.8.8

mainSourceElements - List of source directories contained in the Main SourceSet. (n)
No dependencies

productionRuntimeClasspath
> [...]

|    |    |    \--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-base:6.4.1 -> 6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (*)
|    |    \--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-caching-api:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (*)
|    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-structures-r4:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (*)
|    +--- jakarta.ejb:jakarta.ejb-api:4.0.1
|    |    \--- jakarta.transaction:jakarta.transaction-api:2.0.0
|    +--- jakarta.servlet:jakarta.servlet-api:6.0.0
|    +--- jakarta.ws.rs:jakarta.ws.rs-api:3.1.0
|    +--- jakarta.interceptor:jakarta.interceptor-api:2.1.0
|    |    \--- jakarta.annotation:jakarta.annotation-api:2.1.0 -> 2.1.1
|    \--- org.springframework:spring-context:6.1.1 (*)
+--- org.apache.commons:commons-lang3:3.14.0
\--- org.slf4j:slf4j-simple:2.0.9
     \--- org.slf4j:slf4j-api:2.0.9

runtimeElements - Elements of runtime for main. (n)
No dependencies

runtimeOnly - Runtime only dependencies for source set 'main'. (n)

testAndDevelopmentOnly - Configuration for test and development-only dependencies such as Spring Boot's DevTools.
> [...]

|    |    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-base:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (*)
|    |    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:org.hl7.fhir.utilities:6.1.2.2 (*)
|    |    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:org.hl7.fhir.dstu3:6.1.2.2
|    |    |    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:org.hl7.fhir.utilities:6.1.2.2 (*)
|    |    |    \--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-base:6.4.1 -> 6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (*)
|    |    \--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-caching-api:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (*)
|    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-structures-r4:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (*)
|    +--- jakarta.ejb:jakarta.ejb-api:4.0.1
|    |    \--- jakarta.transaction:jakarta.transaction-api:2.0.0
|    +--- jakarta.servlet:jakarta.servlet-api:6.0.0
|    +--- jakarta.ws.rs:jakarta.ws.rs-api:3.1.0
|    +--- jakarta.interceptor:jakarta.interceptor-api:2.1.0
|    |    \--- jakarta.annotation:jakarta.annotation-api:2.1.0 -> 2.1.1
|    \--- org.springframework:spring-context:6.1.1 (*)
+--- org.apache.commons:commons-lang3:3.14.0
+--- junit:junit:4.13.2 (*)
\--- org.mockito:mockito-core:4.8.0 -> 4.11.0
     +--- net.bytebuddy:byte-buddy:1.12.19
     \--- net.bytebuddy:byte-buddy-agent:1.12.19

testCompileOnly - Compile only dependencies for source set 'test'. (n)
No dependencies

testImplementation - Implementation only dependencies for source set 'test'. (n)
+--- junit:junit:4.13.2 (n)
\--- org.mockito:mockito-core:4.8.0 (n)

testResultsElementsForTest - Directory containing binary results of running tests for the test Test Suite's test target. (n)
No dependencies

testRuntimeClasspath - Runtime classpath of source set 'test'.

> Task :printAllDependencies
\--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.ant:0.8.6
     +--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.core:0.8.6
     |    +--- org.ow2.asm:asm:8.0.1
     |    +--- org.ow2.asm:asm-commons:8.0.1
     |    |    +--- org.ow2.asm:asm:8.0.1
     |    |    +--- org.ow2.asm:asm-tree:8.0.1
     |    |    |    \--- org.ow2.asm:asm:8.0.1
     |    |    \--- org.ow2.asm:asm-analysis:8.0.1
     |    |         \--- org.ow2.asm:asm-tree:8.0.1 (*)
     |    \--- org.ow2.asm:asm-tree:8.0.1 (*)
     +--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.report:0.8.6
     |    \--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.core:0.8.6 (*)
     \--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.agent:0.8.6

mainSourceElements - List of source directories contained in the Main SourceSet. (n)
No dependencies

productionRuntimeClasspath
No dependencies

runtimeClasspath - Runtime classpath of source set 'main'.
No dependencies

runtimeElements - Elements of runtime for main. (n)
No dependencies

runtimeOnly - Runtime only dependencies for source set 'main'. (n)
No dependencies

testAndDevelopmentOnly - Configuration for test and development-only dependencies such as Spring Boot's DevTools.
No dependencies

testAnnotationProcessor - Annotation processors and their dependencies for source set 'test'.
No dependencies

testCompileClasspath - Compile classpath for source set 'test'.
+--- junit:junit:4.13.2
|    \--- org.hamcrest:hamcrest-core:1.3 -> 2.2
|         \--- org.hamcrest:hamcrest:2.2
\--- org.mockito:mockito-core:4.8.0
     +--- net.bytebuddy:byte-buddy:1.12.14 -> 1.14.10
     \--- net.bytebuddy:byte-buddy-agent:1.12.14 -> 1.14.10

testCompileOnly - Compile only dependencies for source set 'test'. (n)
No dependencies

testImplementation - Implementation only dependencies for source set 'test'. (n)
+--- junit:junit:4.13.2 (n)
\--- org.mockito:mockito-core:4.8.0 (n)

testResultsElementsForTest - Directory containing binary results of running tests for the test Test Suite's test target. (n)
No dependencies

testRuntimeClasspath - Runtime classpath of source set 'test'.
+--- junit:junit:4.13.2
|    \--- org.hamcrest:hamcrest-core:1.3 -> 2.2
|         \--- org.hamcrest:hamcrest:2.2
\--- org.mockito:mockito-core:4.8.0
     +--- net.bytebuddy:byte-buddy:1.12.14 -> 1.14.10
     +--- net.bytebuddy:byte-buddy-agent:1.12.14 -> 1.14.10
     \--- org.objenesis:objenesis:3.2

> [...]

|    |    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-base:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (*)
|    |    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:org.hl7.fhir.utilities:6.1.2.2 (*)
|    |    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:org.hl7.fhir.dstu3:6.1.2.2
|    |    |    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:org.hl7.fhir.utilities:6.1.2.2 (*)
|    |    |    \--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-base:6.4.1 -> 6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (*)
|    |    \--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-caching-api:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (*)
|    +--- ca.uhn.hapi.fhir:hapi-fhir-structures-r4:6.11.7-SNAPSHOT (*)
|    +--- jakarta.ejb:jakarta.ejb-api:4.0.1
|    |    \--- jakarta.transaction:jakarta.transaction-api:2.0.0
|    +--- jakarta.servlet:jakarta.servlet-api:6.0.0
|    +--- jakarta.ws.rs:jakarta.ws.rs-api:3.1.0
|    +--- jakarta.interceptor:jakarta.interceptor-api:2.1.0
|    |    \--- jakarta.annotation:jakarta.annotation-api:2.1.0 -> 2.1.1
|    \--- org.springframework:spring-context:6.1.1 (*)
+--- org.apache.commons:commons-lang3:3.14.0
+--- junit:junit:4.13.2 (*)
\--- org.mockito:mockito-core:4.8.0 -> 4.11.0
     +--- net.bytebuddy:byte-buddy:1.12.19
     +--- net.bytebuddy:byte-buddy-agent:1.12.19
     \--- org.objenesis:objenesis:3.3

testRuntimeOnly - Runtime only dependencies for source set 'test'. (n)
No dependencies

(c) - dependency constraint
(*) - dependencies omitted (listed previously)

(n) - Not resolved (configuration is not meant to be resolved)

A web-based, searchable dependency report is available by adding the --scan option.

> Task :source:javalayers:printAllDependencies

Project ':source:javalayers'

jacocoAgent - The Jacoco agent to use to get coverage data.
\--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.agent:0.8.8

jacocoAnt - The Jacoco ant tasks to use to get execute Gradle tasks.
\--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.ant:0.8.8
     +--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.core:0.8.8
     |    +--- org.ow2.asm:asm:9.2
     |    +--- org.ow2.asm:asm-commons:9.2
     |    |    +--- org.ow2.asm:asm:9.2
     |    |    +--- org.ow2.asm:asm-tree:9.2
     |    |    |    \--- org.ow2.asm:asm:9.2
     |    |    \--- org.ow2.asm:asm-analysis:9.2
     |    |         \--- org.ow2.asm:asm-tree:9.2 (*)
     |    \--- org.ow2.asm:asm-tree:9.2 (*)
     +--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.report:0.8.8
     |    \--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.core:0.8.8 (*)
     \--- org.jacoco:org.jacoco.agent:0.8.8

(*) - dependencies omitted (listed previously)

A web-based, searchable dependency report is available by adding the --scan option.

Deprecated Gradle features were used in this build, making it incompatible with Gradle 8.0.

You can use '--warning-mode all' to show the individual deprecation warnings and determine if they come from your own scripts or plugins.

See https://docs.gradle.org/7.5/userguide/command_line_interface.html#sec:command_line_warnings

BUILD SUCCESSFUL in 5s
8 actionable tasks: 8 executed

granada Coder

Dec 26, 2023, 11:12:05 AM12/26/23
to HAPI FHIR
Ok.

i figured out a little bit more.

There isn't an issue with the hapi libraries .. It is a "more sensitive" spring-beans/spring-boot issue.

Under SpringBoot 2.7 (and whatever spring-beans version(s) .... the below hapi class was "being picked up" by the IoC auto-voodoo-black-magic (<< my term for it, most java developers "love" auto-scanning... well....until it doesn't work)... scanning.

package ca.uhn.fhir.spring.boot.autoconfigure;
import org.springframework.context.annotation.Configuration;
@Configuration
public class FhirAutoConfiguration

So my fork (above) was working under SB 2.7.x.

However, when I upgraded to SpringBoot 3.2.... the FhirAutoConfiguration was NOT being picked up.

Then I refreshed my memory on how the dark-magic works.

This SOF answer helped remind me.

In a nutshell, if your classes that are tagged with the @Component annotation.......are not in the SAME PACKAGE as the class with the "start up 'main' method"......you have to give the magic @SpringBootApplication annotation more clues:

@SpringBootApplication(scanBasePackages = {"ca.uhn.fhir.context",
   "my.hapifhirmimics",
   "ca.uhn.example.gradleandspringbootexample.toplayers.springboottoplayers.quickexampleserver.compositionroot",
   "ca.uhn.example.gradleandspringbootexample.toplayers.springboottoplayers.quickexampleserver.websecurity"})

Again, for my SB 2.7 project, I did not have to give values for scanBasePackages.  But for SB 3.2, I did.
So I think they (super spring developers) have fined-tuned the black magic in later versions of spring-beans.

Ok.

Separate note.

I had to make a "less intense" version of (the hapi) FhirAutoConfiguration.. that did not include the JPA stuff.

In my fork (and sb-3 branch).......I have a
my.hapifhirmimics

package my.hapifhirmimics;
public class MySuperCoolFhirAutoConfiguration

where I took out the JPA stuff.

I guess I need to raise a separate issue.

It would be nice to have

```yml

hapi:
   fhir:
      version: r4
      server:
         path: /myr4fhirserver/*
      rest:
         server-name: quick-sample-fhir-server-not-for-production
         server-version: 1.0.0
         implementation-description: quick-sample-fhir-server-not-for-production implementation
         default-response-encoding: json
         e-tag-support: enabled
         default-pretty-print: true

```

the above functionality..without assuming JPA tie-in.  But that isn't related to the javax/jakarata stuff.

Anyways.  I now have a working hapi-fhir-JAKARTA friendly "proof of concept" working in my fork and (sb3) branch above.

Which is excellent news for getting my "real code" to work with SB3.

Thanks James/Others.

Please show c0d3-m0nk this post and my references to black-magic/voodoo.

granada Coder

Feb 23, 2024, 2:55:49 PMFeb 23
to HAPI FHIR
7.0 released !

Thank you James and team.

We are working on Spring Boot 3.2 uplift now.