Looking for an app launcher

slow.s...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2022, 2:13:57 PM10/31/22
to HAPI FHIR
Hello you FHIR Folks,

TL;DR: I'm looking for a stand alone SMART App Launcher. Can be commercial, publicly available, or built by you from parts salvaged from a junk yard. Doesn't need to be connected to a FHIR server.

Might you be able to suggest a SMART launcher that isn't already an EHR?

Many apologies for the repetition of this post. I'm going to post it in a few places.

I sent out a memo of proposal to my team members and leadership stating that I believed it would be a good idea for us to build our apps to be SMART compatible. Now I'm on the hook to find one. The biggest carrot on this proposal is that apps we develop would more likely be adopted into the EHR used by our "customers". Add to that the cessation of building stand alone applications with absolutely no compatibility what so ever.

The primary use case is that an app we want to build or use takes YEARS to get into the EHR and I just don't have the energy or care to follow that through. However, if we had an app launcher we could put those same apps in there until the powers that be see the wisdom of our ways. Some data could come from the EHR (No, we don't have FHIR access) via extractions but most of it won't be in there.

What I'm thinking is that we want the context capabilities that the EHR provides. Context for the user within their roles and other associations as well as a "patient" context.

Vender solicitations encouraged.

MArk B.

James Agnew

Oct 31, 2022, 2:24:36 PM10/31/22
to slow.s...@gmail.com, HAPI FHIR
This isn't open source unfortunately, but the Smile CDR appSphere component sounds like it could be what you're looking for: https://smilecdr.com/docs/app_gallery/introduction.html

Cheers,
James

Aziz Boxwala

Oct 31, 2022, 6:00:51 PM10/31/22
to HAPI FHIR
Mark,

Check out the Test Environments section of this page: http://docs.smarthealthit.org/
The SMART App Launcher and the Logica Sandbox are options you could consider.

--Aziz