EMPI Operations Not Found in /metadata and also cannot be invoked

Michael Calderero

Feb 15, 2021, 1:00:23 AM2/15/21
to HAPI FHIR
Hi,

I'm using https://github.com/hapifhir/hapi-fhir-jpaserver-starter version 5.2.0 and I enabled EMPI functionality by setting hapi.fhir.empi_enabled=true in the application property file.

I can see that whenever I post a Patient or Practitioner resource it also creates a Person resource and I am able to get the EMPI id.

Now, I would like to call the other functions the the EMPI module offers. However, it doesn't seem like they're enabled? I could not see the operations like $empi-duplicate-persons in the /metadata endpoint, nor can I invoke them via a REST call.

I found these operations in the EmpiProviderDstu3/EmpiProviderR4 class.

pic.png

How can we enable these EMPI operations? What other config options I need to enable so I can use the EMPI operations?