conceptmap + source and target fields

Abdel ali B

Apr 29, 2021, 5:22:59 AM4/29/21
to HAPI FHIR
Hello all,

I have a question regarding the ConceptMap resource. Can we have as a source and target fields a reference to a CodeSystem resource not to a ValueSet resource ?

Thanks in advance.

Abdelali.

Nguyễn Hải Phong

Apr 29, 2021, 5:27:14 AM4/29/21
to Abdel ali B, HAPI FHIR
Please check on this link for more information: https://www.hl7.org/fhir/terminology-module.html

Thank you and best regards,

Nguyễn Hải Phong, PMP® No. 1700876, HL7 FHIR Proficiency Certificated

Email: haiphon...@gmail.com
Mobile: 09133.09033 / 0903.499.654
Skype: haiphong.nguyen

Nguyễn Hải Phong

Apr 29, 2021, 5:42:31 AM4/29/21
to HAPI FHIR
Sorry for the short repply.

CodeSystem usually have many concepts for varius perspectives. So ValueSet is used to withdraw concepts from CodeSystem for specific purpose.
So ConceptMap can be used to map betweens concepts from difference CodeSystems which have same purpose.

Abdel ali B

Apr 29, 2021, 5:55:15 AM4/29/21
to HAPI FHIR
Thank you !

When I look at to the ConceptMap resource, we can see that the source and the target attributs can be of type: " uri | canonical(ValueSet)", can we reference directly a CodeSystem by the uri instead of referencing a Valueset ? My purpose is to be able to map CodeSystem's concepts directly not ValueSets.

Abdelali.