Do HAPI FHIR support Group/{id}/$export

ravikumar karuturi

Feb 25, 2021, 1:23:09 PM2/25/21
to HAPI FHIR
Hello

I'm trying to implement {apiUrl}/Group/{id}/$export with HAPI FHIR, Do I need to configure anything other than enabling bulk_export_enabled: true or am I missing anything, I'm using HAPI-FHIR 5.3.0

Thanks in advance!.

James Agnew

Feb 25, 2021, 1:31:30 PM2/25/21
to ravikumar karuturi, HAPI FHIR
Group export has just been committed to HAPI FHIR master, but is not yet supported in the JPA server. It is scheduled to be released in the May release.

Cheers,
James

Hershil Patel

Jun 21, 2021, 12:35:03 PM6/21/21
to HAPI FHIR
I just saw this thread, is this supported now? I have been trying to use the $export function on my HAPI FHIR JPA server, but it doesn't seem to work...do I need to activate it somehow?

James Agnew

Jun 21, 2021, 12:53:48 PM6/21/21
to Hershil Patel, HAPI FHIR
Yup, group based bulk export was added in 5.4.0.

I believe there's a YAML setting in the JPA Starter project that needs to be set in order to turn on bulk export. If you already have that set, it might be worth putting a breakpoint in BulkDataExportProvider to see what happens when you try to trigger an export.

Cheers,
James