Validation failed because of heap OutOfMemoryError when using JP core profile

Aki

Jun 27, 2024, 12:29:31 AM (9 days ago) Jun 27
to HAPI FHIR
Hi all,

I've launched a HAPI FHIR JPA Server with docker.
When starting the server, I added several japanese implementation guides.
It was successfully running, but when I tried to validate a resource, it responded with the following error message during generating snapshots for StructureDefinition.

"HAPI-0389: Failed to call access method: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space"

This couldn't be resolved even if the runtime heap size is increased with the argument `-Xmx5g`.
Actually, the memory size limit for the hapi container is sufficient as shown below.
CONTAINER ID   NAME          CPU %     MEM USAGE / LIMIT     MEM %     NET I/O           BLOCK I/O   PIDS
d6198722af28   hapi          0.98%     1.476GiB / 7.761GiB   19.02%    25.5MB / 11.2MB   0B / 0B     67

I attached configuration files to this message.
To reproduce the issue, execute `docker compose up -d` on the same directory as compose.yml, and validate the attached Encounter resource.

I would appreciate it if you could find any solutions to this problem.

Regards,
Aki
Encounter-jp-encounter-example-1.json
hapi.application.yaml