Lords and Commons

sfo...@sfowler.force9.co.uk

May 5, 2008, 3:03:57 AM5/5/08
to Hansard Prototype
Would it be possible to identify which debates took place in the Lords
(why not coloured any indicators red) and the Commons (green) - apart
from this, a great site

Robert Brook

May 6, 2008, 5:29:50 AM5/6/08
to Hansard Prototype
Hi Simon - and thanks for writing.

You know, that's a pretty good idea. We'll take a look at how we could
do it.

Robert.

Mason Alexander Porter

May 6, 2008, 2:13:57 PM5/6/08
to Hansard Prototype
Perhaps you could also include an indicator to make it searchable via a
'find' command? --- I'm still harboring visions of eventually assembling
this information into a dataset that one can analyze using various analytical
methods (that have specifically not been applied to the UK parliament
simply because the data isn't readily available the way it is for other
legislative bodies---notably the US Congress).

-----
Mason

Mason A. Porter
University Lecturer (and Tutorial Fellow, Somerville College)
Oxford Centre for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
Mathematical Institute, University of Oxford

Homepage: http://www.maths.ox.ac.uk/~porterm, IM: tepid451
Blog: http://masonporter.blogspot.com/
"Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere."

--- Bene Gesserit proverb, from Frank Herbert's _Dune_