Maps

Edward

Jan 2, 2008, 6:33:03 AM1/2/08
to Hansard Prototype, ma...@robertbrook.com
Hi

I noticed that on 26 Jul 1954 there are lots of proceedings on Bills
relating to specific places that didn't make it onto the Google map
for that day (Hartlepool, Walsall, Birmingham, Isle of Man..). Not
sure why this should be?

http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/lords/1954/jul/26

Edward

Robert

Jan 2, 2008, 1:39:45 PM1/2/08
to Hansard Prototype
We're currently not recognising geographic terms in section headings.
We'll add that to the list of requested features.

To recognise geographic terms in section headings will take a little
bit of fiddling about: expect to see this feature live before the end
of January 2008.

Rob

Jan 14, 2008, 6:06:57 AM1/14/08
to Hansard Prototype
We're now recognizing UK geographic terms in section headings.

For example, we now have the locations Hartlepool, Walsall and
Birmingham appearing on the Google map for the Lords sitting on 26 Jul
1954. The Isle of Man is also mentioned in a section heading on 26 Jul
1954, but because the Isle of Man is not contained in the database of
UK placenames we are using for term recognition, we do not mark it as
a geographic term at present.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/lords/1954/jul/26.kml&ie=UTF8&t=p&om=1&ll=54.749991,-2.263184&spn=6.089937,14.0625&z=6&source=embed

-Rob