volume numbers

Richard Toye

Aug 15, 2008, 9:19:24 AM8/15/08
to Hansard Prototype
Very useful site - but would be good if the Volume number as well as
the column number could be seen easily.

Robert Brook

Aug 16, 2008, 6:09:59 AM8/16/08
to Hansard Prototype
We're including the volume number in the citation at the bottom of
each section:

http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/commons/1950/nov/13/public-works-loans-bill

( For example, on that page, "HC Deb 13 November 1950 vol 480 c1391" )

At present, it seems like the best compromise between those who have
no idea what a volume number is and those who use volume numbers every
day!

Is there a better way this might be presented?

And thank you for your comment!

Richard Toye

Sep 16, 2008, 5:58:09 AM9/16/08
to Hansard Prototype
Thanks - possibly it would be easier to spot at the top of the page?

What would be really helpful (I don't know if it's possible) would be
able to click ob the column number and then a get a full, cut-and-
paste-able reference - series, Lord/Commons date, volume, column. It
would save a lot of typing when writing footnotes.

Keep up the good work!

On Aug 16, 11:09 am, Robert Brook <robertbrook....@gmail.com> wrote:
> We're including the volume number in the citation at the bottom of
> each section:
>
> http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/commons/1950/nov/13/public-works-l...
>
> ( For example, on that page, "HC Deb 13 November 1950 vol 480 c1391" )
>
> At present, it seems like the best compromise between those who have
> no idea what a volume number is and those who use volume numbers every
> day!
>
> Is there a better way this might be presented?
>
> And thank you for your comment!
>
> On Aug 15, 2:19 pm, Richard Toye <richard.t...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Very useful site - but would be good if the Volume number as well as
> > the column number could be seen easily.- Hide quoted text -

Robert Brook

Sep 16, 2008, 7:11:49 AM9/16/08
to Hansard Prototype
Moving to the top of the page: we'll try it on the development code
and see what it looks like. You can follow this issue at:
http://code.google.com/p/hansard/issues/detail?id=283

The click-to-copy thing might be a bit tricky to make work
consistently over different browsers. We'll have a look at that too.
You can follow this issue at: http://code.google.com/p/hansard/issues/detail?id=284