Character encoding

Ben G

Feb 7, 2008, 3:51:58 PM2/7/08
to Hansard Prototype
Hi chaps,

Site keeps getting better.

Sure you're aware of this - couldn't help but notice that the
character encoding of search results seems to be ISO-Latin 1 or
similar, not the UTF-8 specified in the charset of the page.

Example here: http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/search?query=%22phantom+of+the+opera%22
- I couldn't see pound signs or carets.

Ben

louis...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2008, 9:05:39 AM2/9/08
to Hansard Prototype
Hi Ben,

Glad you think the site's improving - we're trying! This search
results encoding issue made it on to my immediate 'to do' list this
week, so I should be able to take a look at what's going on early next
week. Might take a bit longer to push the fix out on to the site, as I
suspect it may be a case of changing a setting and reindexing, but
I'll at least make the change so that it'll be there next time we
reindex.

Cheers

Louise