A Google Csoportok már nem támogatja az új Usenet-bejegyzéseket és -feliratkozásokat. A korábbi tartalmak továbbra is megtekinthetők.

debugging unaligned traps

0 megtekintés
Ugrás az első olvasatlan üzenetre

Steven N. Hirsch

olvasatlan,
1998. júl. 13. 3:00:001998. 07. 13.

On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, Quant-X Alpha Linux Support wrote:

> BTW, Linus made a console back-port (pre-patch-2.1.109-2.{gz,bz2});
> give it a try. Some people (like "Steven N. Hirsch" <shi...@adelphia.net>
> fighting with UDB) on the kernel list are our heros. ;-]

<blush>. I always appreciate adulation, but what have I done to deserve
these nice words?

Thanks, though <g>.

Steve

Quant-X Alpha Linux Support

olvasatlan,
1998. júl. 14. 3:00:001998. 07. 14.
Hi Steve !

> > BTW, Linus made a console back-port (pre-patch-2.1.109-2.{gz,bz2});
> > give it a try. Some people (like "Steven N. Hirsch" <shi...@adelphia.net>
> > fighting with UDB) on the kernel list are our heros. ;-]
>
> <blush>. I always appreciate adulation, but what have I done to deserve
> these nice words?

Just some messages in the KDE-GNOME <ouups> kernel mailinglist.
Linux and Alain both perform some statistics. If not at least
X (break-even) people complain against a broken Y it won't
get fixed. :-}

Alan does this really good. There was a cool situation where
Donald Becker has declared tulip 0.xx as stable.
Alan said something like: It may be stable for you but I've
21 reports that it doesn't work, no, it won't be included
in the 2.0.xx-preY release...

There is much chaos theory and statistic in the whole
game. Without some hacker like you the game wouldn't
work. The development kernels are needed for a stable
2.2. I bet 2.3 will bring us "suspend to disk"
(Linus is thinking about...) btw I don't think
that it's useful nor even possible at moment.

--

Quant-X Service & Ph: (+43) 4212 6004-0
Consulting Ges.m.b.H. Fax: (+43) 4212 600420

Jason Lavoie

olvasatlan,
1998. júl. 14. 3:00:001998. 07. 14.
On 07/13, Quant-X Alpha Linux Support wrote:
> Hi Tom !

[...]
> 2.0.34 with alpha-patches-2.0.34-0.1.gz + tulip update
^^^^^^^^^^^^
> is an extreme stable combination; if you don't need kgdb.
> Thanks to ... Jay Estabrook ...

Where to find the 'tulip update'? I'm having odd problems getting a
working kernel (2.0.34 with patches) on a UDB with the tulip driver.
I've tried .79, .83, and .89H with no progress.

Sorry to ask what was probably already discussed on this list, but
I can't seem to find any searchable archives... (and I usually skim
the list and must've missed the original thread).

Thanks in advance!

-j

--
"What is the sound of Perl? Is it not the sound of a | Jason Lavoie
wall that people have stopped banging their heads against?" | ja...@mint.net

0 új üzenet