HSM and RH 2.0.34

Christoph Nadig

Jul 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/14/98
Jay.Es...@digital.com wrote:

> > I got the Redhat 5.1 2.0.34 kernel over the weekend. Since installation the
> > MIT-SHM extension of the X server do not work anymore. Is this a known
> > problem (again) with SysV-IPC, and are there bugfixes?
>
> Yes, it's a known problem; the fix is to build your own kernel based on the
> alpha-sources-2.0.34-0.1-tar.gz located at:
>
> gatekeeper.dec.com:/pub/DEC/Linux-Alpha/Kernels/

Hi Jay,

thanks for your help. I tried the kernel mentioned above, but this one seems to
have problems in the SCSI driver. When it scans the bus on startup, it'll hang on
my CDROM, giving timeouts forever.

However, I try to combine these 2.0.34 versions.

Cheers, Chris

--
Christoph Nadig | mailto:christo...@stest.ch
Switching Test Solutions AG | web :http://www.stest.com

Jay.Es...@digital.com

Jul 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/14/98

>>> Christoph Nadig said:
>
> thanks for your help. I tried the kernel mentioned above, but this one
> seems to have problems in the SCSI driver. When it scans the bus on startup,
> it'll hang on my CDROM, giving timeouts forever.
>
> However, I try to combine these 2.0.34 versions.

Which SCSI controller do you have? If Adaptec, I found the version in the
2.0.34pre-11b patch set (5.0.13) to be better for me than in the released
2.0.34 (5.0.14, IIRC) and my 0.1 patches... :-\

--Jay++

American Non Sequitur Society: we don't make sense, but we do like pizza...

Jay A Estabrook Alpha Motherboards - LINUX Project
Digital Equipment Corp. (508) 841-3241 or (DTN) 237-3241
334 South Street, Shrewsbury, MA 01545 Jay.Es...@digital.com

Uncle George

Jul 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/14/98
gee, thanks for the info, but i guess better late than never!!!
is the adaptec 2940uw controller a "work in progress"
gat.