Qt1.4 SeqFaults on dec alpha station!

Jochen Kuepper

Jul 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/15/98
On Wed, 15 Jul 1998 Weiping Hu wrote:

>Hello, all! I'm having problems compiling Qt1.4 on a Dec Alpha
>station, and was wondering if anyone out there had similar problems,
>or better has had luck in successfully compiling it. Actually, the
>compilation was clean. The problem is whenever I try to run any of
>the examples and tutorials, I get the famous "Segmentation fault.
>Core dumped" message. Here is a brief description of my procedure:

I already reported the same problem yesterday. No success yet.

Greetings,
Jochen
Jochen K"upper

Heinrich-Heine-Universit"at D"usseldorf joc...@uni-duesseldorf.de
Institut f"ur Physikalische Chemie I
Universit"atsstr. 1, Geb 26.43 Raum 02.29 phone ++49-211-8113681
40225 D"usseldorf fax ++49-211-8115195
Germany http://www-public.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de/~jochen

Jochen Kuepper

Jul 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/15/98
On Wed, 15 Jul 1998 Brian Wood wrote:

>I haven't tried QT1.4 but 1.33 compiled OK on my RH5.0 system using EGCS
>1.0.3a. You might try upgrading to that slightly newer EGCS.

Well, I have. With egcs-1.0.3a and current egcs-CVS sources I cannot run
QT-1.40 - Qt-1.33 is running fine, though.

>Another problem I discovered was that some of KDE 1.0 didn't compile
>properly with a pristine kernel source tree patched for alpha at
>/usr/src/linux. When I linked RedHat's original source tree to

It does for me. Kernel-2.0.34 + alpha-patches-0.1.
Do you have a link from /usr/include/net to the linux kernel - thats wrong with
glibc-2 ! glibc expects this to be a real (static) directory and copies files
into. Whenever you upgrade you kernel, you will loose these.

Quant-X Alpha Linux Support

Jul 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/15/98
Hi Brian !

> > egcs-c++-1.0.2-8
> > egcs-1.0.2-8

> I haven't tried QT1.4 but 1.33 compiled OK on my RH5.0 system using EGCS
> 1.0.3a. You might try upgrading to that slightly newer EGCS.

I haven't tried it too, but 1.33 compiles OK on my RH5.1 system using
egcs-1.0.2-8; the same combination (except Qt) that the initial author has.
So maybe Qt makes the difference.

--

Quant-X Service & Ph: (+43) 4212 6004-0
Consulting Ges.m.b.H. Fax: (+43) 4212 600420