Wow. Great guys, nice to meet you.

sishen

Jan 20, 2008, 10:04:26 AM1/20/08
to Hangzhou on Rails
A question? How do you find me? Workingwithrails?

Anyway, it's a good news that there is a rails community in Hangzhou.
It's really few ruby guys around me.

Personally, I have woked many(yes.. i think many...) rails projects.
And the most pride one is http://nextlib.lifegoo.com, though it's my
first attempt with rails. It's a cool site and I hope you all will
like it. Sorry for the ads, hiahia.

Many cool topics can be talked about here. Also I hope we can have
some off-line activities to share our experience. lol~

My personal profile:

sishen (YeDingding)

* Age: 23
* Gender: Male
* Astrological Sign: Leo
* Zodiac Year: Mouse
* Blog: http://sishen.lifegoo.com
* Work: freelancer

At the end, nice to meet you all again. :)

Dai Zhong

Jan 20, 2008, 10:10:55 AM1/20/08
to hangzhou...@googlegroups.com
hi, sishen

That'f funny that your English age is larger than your Chinese age in this page: http://sishen.lifegoo.com/?page_id=2 Ahhha
Ok, just a joke. A great welcome!

Bigapple

From ZhongDai's Gmail
MSN:bigapp...@hotmail.com

sishen

Jan 20, 2008, 10:13:53 AM1/20/08
to hangzhou...@googlegroups.com
In fact, both is younger than my real age, :)

Bigapple, nice to meet you, can you introduce yourself?

I hope we can make friends through this group, :)

Devon

Jan 20, 2008, 10:34:46 AM1/20/08
to Hangzhou on Rails
Yor are right, i just search hangzhou rails programmers on that site
and found 8 guys. But don't know how to contact them. Anyway, i found
you, haha.

And this is Devon, work for rails about 1.5 years. I really like it,
it's so great. I used java, c before. But I just use rails now.

For the off-line activities, i found this page: http://www.lupaworld.com/viewthread_31602.html

Nice to meet you.

On Jan 20, 3:04 pm, sishen <YeDingd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A question? How do you find me?  Workingwithrails?
>
> Anyway, it's a good news that there is a rails community in Hangzhou.
> It's really few ruby guys around me.
>
> Personally, I have woked many(yes.. i think many...) rails projects.
> And the most pride one ishttp://nextlib.lifegoo.com, though it's my

sishen

Jan 20, 2008, 10:43:00 AM1/20/08
to hangzhou...@googlegroups.com
Personally, I don't like LUPA. Sorry for that if i show my offense.  So google group perfer.
It's a nice place for us to communicate.

ps: Jan who is in the list is a cool guy, hiahia

On Jan 20, 2008 11:34 PM, Devon <devo...@gmail.com> wrote:

Yor are right, i just search hangzhou rails programmers on that site
and found 8 guys. But don't know how to contact them. Anyway, i found
you, haha.

And this is Devon, work for rails about 1.5 years. I really like it,
it's so great. I used java, c before. But I  just use rails now.

For the off-line activities, i found this page: http://www.lupaworld.com/viewthread_31602.html

Nice to meet you.

Devon

Jan 20, 2008, 10:47:41 AM1/20/08
to Hangzhou on Rails
I like google groups too.

Just invite more 'cool guy' like Jan to this groups. :-)

On Jan 20, 3:43 pm, sishen <yedingd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Personally, I don't like LUPA. Sorry for that if i show my offense.  So
> google group perfer.
> It's a nice place for us to communicate.
>
> ps: Jan who is in the list is a cool guy, hiahia

Jan

Jan 20, 2008, 11:31:27 AM1/20/08
to hangzhou...@googlegroups.com
Nice to meet you all :-)

Thanks
Jan

On Jan 20, 2008 11:47 PM, Devon <devo...@gmail.com> wrote:

I like google groups too.

Just invite more 'cool guy' like Jan to this groups. :-)

Devon

Jan 20, 2008, 11:46:02 AM1/20/08
to Hangzhou on Rails
Welcome, Jan.

Are you working on rails or just interesting in rails?

On Jan 20, 4:31 pm, Jan <jan.h....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nice to meet you all :-)
>
> Thanks
> Jan
>
> --
> Fly on wheels.

Jan

HoLin

Jan 20, 2008, 12:20:13 PM1/20/08
to hangzhou...@googlegroups.com
Nice to meet your guys.:)

HoLin

Devon

Jan 20, 2008, 12:27:37 PM1/20/08
to Hangzhou on Rails
I'm working on rails too and i really enjoy my work. :-)

Both of us are night owl, lol.

On Jan 20, 5:19 pm, Jan <jan.h....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Working on rails. How about you?

Jan

Jan 20, 2008, 1:30:58 PM1/20/08
to hangzhou...@googlegroups.com
Yep.

I have an interesting question for every one here: In 100% of your ruby code, how many percentage is not related to rails? :-)

Bath time now!

Jan

On Jan 21, 2008 1:27 AM, Devon < devo...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm working on rails too and i really enjoy my work. :-)

Both of us are night owl, lol.

sishen

Jan 20, 2008, 1:47:32 PM1/20/08
to hangzhou...@googlegroups.com
30%. I have some pure ruby projects.  It's a damn quick language, :)

Devon

Jan 20, 2008, 8:19:20 PM1/20/08
to Hangzhou on Rails
Depends on the project, i think.

Some projects i did is 100% rails. but others are not. One project i'm
doing now have a lot of ruby code(60~70%), not rails.

On Jan 20, 6:30 pm, Jan <jan.h....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yep.
>
> I have an interesting question for every one here: In 100% of your ruby
> code, how many percentage is not related to rails? :-)
>
> Bath time now!
>
> Jan
>
> --
> Fly on wheels.

ash

Jan 20, 2008, 9:58:42 PM1/20/08
to Hangzhou on Rails
Hi all cool and nice guys! I came back from Beijing recently and live
in Xiaoshan, a rails and mac lover moving from the .net and win last
year. Hope we can meet soon offline in Hangzhou when the cold winter
rain stops.

I'm 29 years old, wish to be a freelancer from this point on.
Suggestions and help needed:)

My blog : http://blog.ashchan.com

PS:my real name is 陈建明, english name is James Chan while alse called
ashchan or ash online.

On Jan 20, 11:04 pm, sishen <YeDingd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A question? How do you find me? Workingwithrails?
>
> Anyway, it's a good news that there is a rails community in Hangzhou.
> It's really few ruby guys around me.
>
> Personally, I have woked many(yes.. i think many...) rails projects.
> And the most pride one ishttp://nextlib.lifegoo.com, though it's my

Jan

Jan

Jan 21, 2008, 2:30:55 AM1/21/08
to hangzhou...@googlegroups.com
Welcome ash!

Best
Jan

Devon

Jan 21, 2008, 2:34:46 AM1/21/08
to Hangzhou on Rails
Why you like not-related-to-rails :-).

I would like 100% rails code, lol

On Jan 21, 7:29 am, Jan <jan.h....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cool... I have only 5% not-related-to-rails ruby code I think. :(

Jan

Jan 21, 2008, 2:43:02 AM1/21/08
to hangzhou...@googlegroups.com
I think ruby is more interesting than rails ... Maybe just because people always have more interests on the things they don't understand well :p

And sometimes in development rails seems not good enough. Have you guys tried Merb or other frameworks?

On Jan 21, 2008 3:34 PM, Devon <devo...@gmail.com> wrote:

Why you like not-related-to-rails :-).

I would like 100% rails code, lol

--
Fly on wheels.

Devon

Jan 21, 2008, 2:44:52 AM1/21/08
to Hangzhou on Rails
I use merb in a project for file upload.

It's not stable, and full of pain when use it. Maybe it should be
better later.

On Jan 21, 7:43 am, Jan <jan.h....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think ruby is more interesting than rails ... Maybe just because people
> always have more interests on the things they don't understand well :p
>
> And sometimes in development rails seems not good enough. Have you guys
> tried Merb or other frameworks?

Jan

Jan 21, 2008, 2:50:51 AM1/21/08
to hangzhou...@googlegroups.com
Wow... A bad news.

On Jan 21, 2008 3:44 PM, Devon <devo...@gmail.com> wrote:

I use merb in a project for file upload.

It's not stable, and full of pain when use it. Maybe it should be
better later.

sishen

Jan 21, 2008, 2:53:56 AM1/21/08
to hangzhou...@googlegroups.com
Some pain at JRuby on rails....

I agree Ruby is more interesting than rails, hiahia.  Currently i'm using Ruby to dev a distributed execution framework, really funny.

Devon

Jan 21, 2008, 2:57:01 AM1/21/08
to Hangzhou on Rails
Not so bad, just not so stable, or i'm not so smart to handle that,
lol

On Jan 21, 7:50 am, Jan <jan.h....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wow... A bad news.
>
> --
> Fly on wheels.

Jan

Jan 21, 2008, 2:57:08 AM1/21/08
to hangzhou...@googlegroups.com
Distributed execution framework - what's this?
--
Fly on wheels.

sishen

Jan 21, 2008, 3:01:43 AM1/21/08
to hangzhou...@googlegroups.com
Do you know hadoop?  a system like but simpler.

Jan

Jan 21, 2008, 3:40:44 AM1/21/08
to hangzhou...@googlegroups.com
Do you have a cluster to run your framework?
--
Fly on wheels.

sishen

Jan 21, 2008, 10:02:50 AM1/21/08
to hangzhou...@googlegroups.com
Of course, :)

Jan

Jan 21, 2008, 10:06:28 AM1/21/08
to hangzhou...@googlegroups.com
awesome :)
--
Fly on wheels.

Devon

Jan 21, 2008, 11:19:18 AM1/21/08
to Hangzhou on Rails
Is the project for enterprise usage or just an experiment?

On Jan 21, 3:02 pm, sishen <yedingd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Of course, :)
>
> On Jan 21, 2008 4:40 PM, Jan <jan.h....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Do you have a cluster to run your framework?
>
> > On Jan 21, 2008 4:01 PM, sishen <yedingd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Do you know hadoop?  a system like but simpler.

sishen

Jan 21, 2008, 1:35:14 PM1/21/08
to hangzhou...@googlegroups.com
Enterprise product.

On Jan 22, 2008 12:19 AM, Devon <devo...@gmail.com> wrote:

Is the project for enterprise usage or just an experiment?

Devon

Jan 21, 2008, 8:27:58 PM1/21/08
to Hangzhou on Rails
Cool !
Maybe you can share some experiences of ruby development for us
later :-)