What Google permissions does Lower Third require, and why?

Grant Woodward

May 16, 2012, 9:13:46 AM5/16/12
to hangout-apps-by...@googlegroups.com
I've seen a couple of people worry about the Google permissions Lower Third requires -- seeing your friends list, etc.. Could we get an explanation of which ones are required and why?

M. Tolxdorff

May 16, 2012, 9:29:10 AM5/16/12
to hangout-apps-by...@googlegroups.com
Hello Grant,

thanks for your question. Myself and other app developers are taking privacy very serious. These permission requests are auto-generated by Google depending on what features we use.

There are three permissions you have to accept:

View list of participants in your Hangouts
This is included in all apps weather you use it or not. This basically allows you to see the participants of the hangout (note PARTICIPANTS not friends)

View and manage your audio and video feeds
This is needed to modify your video and audio feed (gapi.hangout.av)

Know who you are on Google
The general me scope of oAuth to see who you are.

As I state in my privacy policy I am not collecting any private data. My code is open source and can be viewed on GitHub

Llamkku Iberico

Jun 29, 2012, 10:51:15 PM6/29/12
to hangout-apps-by...@googlegroups.com

El miércoles, 16 de Mayo de 2012 15:13:46 UTC +2, Grant Woodward escribió:
He visto un par de personas se preocupan acerca de los permisos de Google inferior requiere Tercera - ver tu lista de amigos, etc. ¿Podemos obtener una explicación de cuáles son necesarios y por qué?

jalen walton

Jul 11, 2012, 9:33:56 PM7/11/12
to hangout-apps-by...@googlegroups.com
hey,grant woodward